Anybody had luck with the Knight & Hale Pack Rack Rattle Deer Call or Code Blue Deer Urine?

I got this rattle deer call in January and I'm hoping to have good luck with it and I also plan on using a Code Blue Deer Urine Product during the rut. If so what is the best Code Blue deer urine product to use during the rut?

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
I use real antlers to rattle with and have had fairly good success at the right part of the season , quit using scented lures a long time ago waste of money. the wind is your best friend in the deer woods.

Reactions: CRC
I use real antlers to rattle with and have had fairly good success at the right part of the season , quit using scented lures a long time ago waste of money. the wind is your best friend in the deer woods.
I've used tinks 69 before and it attracted a 6 pointer and he ended up in the freezer

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Never had luck with any sort of calls except for basic grunts during the rut, and that’s only to turn or stop a deer I already have within sight. I used different types of buck and for urine lures for a long time with no luck. Peed out of my stand once during the rut and 3 bucks came in in under 5 minutes though. Could have been coincidence.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
And grunt that actually grunts will work but I prefer lighter tones, a lot of the deep growls are more for those 275lb mid west deer. On scents the only one ive had success with is the vs1 from evercalm and evercalm. First time I used the vs1 I had 8 bucks come in on my trail and 2 actually stood up on rear legs to sniff my boots, if bucks could climb trees like squirrels I’d have been at serious rut risk.
I did have 2 does spook at the scent but could have been me the caught a whiff of. I also firmly believe in hunting the wind even though I do use an ozonics and they do work but nothing will ruin a hunt faster than a bad wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
First time I used the vs1 I had 8 bucks come in on my trail and 2 actually stood up on rear legs to sniff my boots, if bucks could climb trees like squirrels I’d have been at serious rut risk.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You probably just sold a lot of vs1. ?

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Never had any luck rattling, grunted in lots of bucks including some older deer. Grunts don't seem to spook deer either. I've tried lots of scents and they either were ignored or brought in little bucks. Never had a decent buck come in and actually had does come unglued when they got a whiff of any doe in heat scent. Don't want to run off my bait, I stopped messing with scents years ago.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've grunted and rattled in many bucks over the past 25 years. I didn't call much the 10 years before that. I've had even more come to scent. I used Tinks when Tink Nathan first introduced it in the early 80s, though I had about as many bucks spook as I had come to it. Hunters Specialties used to make a scent mister that works like one of those time release air fresheners you see in restrooms. The doe in estrous scent is discharged from a sealed aerosol can, so the only time it is ever exposed to the air is when it is being dispersed. It works great. I've had bucks that were going to cross a powerline, catch a whiff of the scent, then turn 90 degrees and walk straight to the scent machine from over 250 yards away. I don't know why H.S. quit making them, they almost aren't fair. I still have two machines and 7 or 8 cans of scent left. Considering that one can of scent lasts around 60 hours, I've got enough to last for decades.

No call or scent is a shortcut for sound hunting practices or woodsmanship. They're just tools to temporarily draw a buck closer for a shot. If you set up in the wrong place or the wind blows your scent to the deer's approach, you're done before you get started.

Jim