Anybody fish Buckhorn?

C52

Eight Pointer
I go boating there every once in awhile so I have a little knowledge of the place, but I’ve never fished it. I know about the road bed, but any advice on fishing there would be great. Thanks

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
What you fishing for? Above the dam I presume by the boat comment. I panfish the little creek inlets and catfish up around Mermaid Pointe.

C52

Eight Pointer
What you fishing for? Above the dam I presume by the boat comment. I panfish the little creek inlets and catfish up around Mermaid Pointe.
Yes, by boat. Bass, crappie, blue gill. Really just getting out throwing baits around. Most of my fishing is at the coast and I’m not there near enough.

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
Pretty good little creek past the power lines on the left. I have also done decent up around the railroad trestle, or run up the deep river side to the old dam and fish around the discharge. I was fishing for bream and crappie. Seen a few decent bass come of those areas too.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Think he is talking about Buckhorn a Wilson water suplly since he mentioned roadbed. looks like some of you are talking about Buckhorn on Cape Fear. 2 different places

C52

Eight Pointer
Think he is talking about Buckhorn a Wilson water suplly since he mentioned roadbed. looks like some of you are talking about Buckhorn on Cape Fear. 2 different places
You are correct. Buckhorn resivour just outside of Wilson. I should of been more specific. Thanks Mack, I haven’t spent enough time on buckhorn to notice. Have only pulled tubes and swam there.

LDG

Twelve Pointer
I didn't know it was possible to go boating and not fish. The things you learn on here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

C52

Eight Pointer
I didn't know it was possible to go boating and not fish. The things you learn on here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
An old guy I knew use to always say “every time I go fishing, somebody screws it up by wanting to fish.”