Anybody ever had a rebuilt transmission ???

NCdoe

Ten Pointer
My grandson got his Chevrolet truck back this past Friday with a rebuilt transmission. He has a 100,000 mile, 36 month warranty. Cost $3,100. I don't know if that is good or bad. What are most of you guys paying for a rebuilt transmission?

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My grandson got his Chevrolet truck back this past Friday with a rebuilt transmission. He has a 100,000 mile, 36 month warranty. Cost $3,100. I don't know if that is good or bad. What are most of you guys paying for a rebuilt transmission?

That is roughly double what Has been paid for 4 different ones in this household. I think the jeep was the most expensive. The other 3 were chevrolets and it seems like they were all $1500-$1600. One of them had issues and had to be redone at 13 months, but that turned out to be a bad part. Something about a part that was supposed to be heat treated and was not.

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
On my old 2005 GMC Sierra, my trans went out a 67k miles. A remanufactured one was put in and worked flawlessly until I sold the truck at 313k mikes.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer

Just had a e350 Ford with e4od rebuilt. 1666.23 with tax.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My rebuilt toyota transmission by Jennings is gonna run 4200 but I ain't paid jack yet because they ain't got it right yet.
I only got a 1yr warranty. Toyota dealership wanted 5000 and no warranty.

equyst

A good transmission mechanic will make that transmission like new
o.png