Anybody catching Spanish or other nearshore fish.

bowtoot

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My son and I are heading to the coast Friday morning to fish a bit. We are rigged up for nearshore and haven’t seen a good report to sway us to Morehead way or Wrightsville. Have y’all had any luck lately?

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Cap'n Frank and I haven't been out for a week or so but we're going out of Carolina Beach this morning to troll for Spanish. We've hit a few the last couple of trips but you never know til you get out there what's biting, if anything. Weather's going to be good this weekend so that's in your favor. I'll try to let you know what we do today. Good luck wherever you go.

bowtoot

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Cap'n Frank and I haven't been out for a week or so but we're going out of Carolina Beach this morning to troll for Spanish. We've hit a few the last couple of trips but you never know til you get out there what's biting, if anything. Weather's going to be good this weekend so that's in your favor. I'll try to let you know what we do today. Good luck wherever you go.
Thank you. It seems like it should be a good time. Good luck to ya'll today.

Last edited:

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
I like morehead myself, lots of options on places to fish. I think the big Spanish Macks have showed up there too from reports I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Fishing around Morehead and Havelock, haven’t had much luck surf fishing this year, best luck has been a little further inland on creeks and rivers. Have had a few smallish reds, and a pickerel.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Thank you. It seems like it should be a good time. Good luck to ya'll today.
We had eight keepers in the box before 6:30 this morning but then the bite slowed considerably. We ended up heading in at 10:30 with 11 and we threw back 3 or 4 others. And we caught a juvenile king that probably weighed maybe 5 pounds that we also threw back. Most of the bites were just outside Carolina Beach Inlet. Hope this helps with your decision. Good luck.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer

bowtoot

Ten Pointer
Contributor
We ended up going to Morehead and Harkers. We fished Friday and caught a lot of short flounder and sea bass. We trolled quite a bit and caught a butt load of lizard fish, a few false albacore and a few blues.

We trolled all day today and caught these 3. The little one was 13.5” and the others were nice. Had a nice one to the boat and it threw the pirate plug. Luckily I had on my sunglasses. We had a good time and I can’t wait to go back.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in information.

Attachments

• 9A56F566-A14D-4078-9D90-731CB0767141.jpeg
    9A56F566-A14D-4078-9D90-731CB0767141.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 26