Any Pressure Cooker Venison Recipe's you like?

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
My mom gave her pressure cooker to my wife, after it had sat in a box for two or three years.

I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes they've tried. I have a tenderloin (not the backstrap but the tenderloin from the legs) that I'm looking at for it. I've seen some good recipes for ground venison in pasta dishes.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have a tenderloin (not the backstrap but the tenderloin from the legs)

you lost me there,,,,you talking the actual tenderloin that is in front of the hips, inside the abdominal cavity and along the spine? Never considered that part of the leg,,,,or is it something different?

if the actual tenderloin, no need for pressure cooker for it as all that I have ever had, even from ancient animals, was tender,,,

but as far as a pressure cooker - yes, I use it all the time for game,,deer, hogs, squirrels, etc,,,,what can I help with?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
you lost me there,,,,you talking the actual tenderloin that is in front of the hips, inside the abdominal cavity and along the spine? Never considered that part of the leg,,,,or is it something different?

if the actual tenderloin, no need for pressure cooker for it as all that I have ever had, even from ancient animals, was tender,,,

but as far as a pressure cooker - yes, I use it all the time for game,,deer, hogs, squirrels, etc,,,,what can I help with?
Im with you.

Never seen a leg tenderloin

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns

Actual tenderloin...

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I thought it connected the groin part of the deer inside the leg. But it’s the small actual tenderloin.

you nailed it,,,,just forward of hips,,,just never heard of it related to the legs,,,,

don't pressure cook that bad boy,,,,,saute fast in butter or a quick grill to medium rare,,,,enjoy,,,

save lesser cuts for that pressure cooker,,,,

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
My mom gave her pressure cooker to my wife, after it had sat in a box for two or three years.

I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes they've tried. I have a tenderloin (not the backstrap but the tenderloin from the legs) that I'm looking at for it. I've seen some good recipes for ground venison in pasta dishes.

Man, never heard of that....unless you ride around with a freezer in the back of the truck selling meat. Those guys are good at making cuts up. I will say....they got me ONCE. Bought a bunch of "fillet"....was "fillet of sirloin".....boy I felt like an idiot.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Man, never heard of that....unless you ride around with a freezer in the back of the truck selling meat. Those guys are good at making cuts up. I will say....they got me ONCE. Bought a bunch of "fillet"....was "fillet of sirloin".....boy I felt like an idiot.