Any Pigs in Anson County

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Y'all can keep them. I don't want them in northern Stanly County. They way to much farm damage, although I'm sure eventually they'll get here. Heard they were already in parts of Cottonville close to the Union and Anson line.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
Yes, a friend had a place down there, and they were there 9 or 10 years ago around cottonville.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trappertod

Six Pointer
Man, I hate that for you all. We are over run with those things in Johnston County. Can't kill them fast enough, they are no good for deer and turkey.

Packfan

Eight Pointer
Been picking them off pretty steady over the last two weeks with the 22-250. They are cyclical on a couple of our tracts and show up about every other year. We associate it with dry years and us having a dry creek feeding our pond. This is one of those years unfortunately. Smh

berryman26

Six Pointer
Y'all can keep them. I don't want them in northern Stanly County. They way to much farm damage, although I'm sure eventually they'll get here. Heard they were already in parts of Cottonville close to the Union and Anson line.
I hear they are up and down the Pee Dee river. I tried looking for them around there but probably need a boat.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

There have been a few killed around Oakboro in the last year or so that I know of, and I saw a trail cam pic of a couple sows with some little ones that was said to have been taken in New London, so they’re in Stanly, not in great numbers yet, but they’re there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sp8

Ten Pointer
There have been a few killed around Oakboro in the last year or so that I know of, and I saw a trail cam pic of a couple sows with some little ones that was said to have been taken in New London, so they’re in Stanly, not in great numbers yet, but they’re there

Yea I seen a picture of one killed off Barbees Grove Rd. in Oakboro. Haven't heard of any in New London but heard a story of one being killed in Millingport. Hope they die out before they get to Richfield. haha

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yea I seen a picture of one killed off Barbees Grove Rd. in Oakboro. Haven't heard of any in New London but heard a story of one being killed in Millingport. Hope they die out before they get to Richfield. haha

What side of 73 in Millingport?

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
Yep we have seen and heard them on the PeeDee refuge and there’s usually at least one killed every draw hunt...but that pic shows an infestation so he better become a good trap builder

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

The trail cam pic was supposedly off of Hearne Rd

Give them time, they will be in Richfield.
They’re like a coyote, you ain’t gonna kill em out.

Reactions: Sp8

herman

Six Pointer
The cam pic was taken on our lease in anson.He did manage to kill one of them this past saturday.
I have bow hunted 7 half days and haven't seen one yet on stand.But had about 20 to 30 run across the road in front of me coming out.
I plan on thining some out if I get the chance this year.
We have had a few on our lease for years but now we have a lot.
Wish I was 40 or 50 years younger then I could hunt more.I live a 100 miles from our lease and with my age and health problems I only get to go when one of our members goes with me.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Once you have them...you will always have them. Every sow in that picture that lives will have her own liter in the next 6 months and the surviors of that liter will have their own liter by the end of next year. There is no solution. When you join a deer lease to hunt deer and pigs show up...then you become a pig hunter and deer become number 2 target.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Once you have them...you will always have them. Every sow in that picture that lives will have her own liter in the next 6 months and the surviors of that liter will have their own liter by the end of next year. There is no solution. When you join a deer lease to hunt deer and pigs show up...then you become a pig hunter and deer become number 2 target.

This is the way things are unfortunately

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
Just like coyotes, trapping will curb them much faster than shooting individual animals will ever do. And you can trap a whole passel of pigs in a good trap

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
We just applied for a permit hunt on peedee for hogs. Any information would be awesome. Thanks

Packfan

Eight Pointer
Been picking them off pretty steady over the last two weeks with the 22-250. They are cyclical on a couple of our tracts and show up about every other year. We associate it with dry years and us having a dry creek feeding our pond. This is one of those years unfortunately. Smh

Cell cam started dropping pics of a group of them while I was on the way home from the office. I made a detour by that spot and popped 2 possibly 3 more this evening. Smh

Rhyno

Spike
Down near the SC state line ,South east Anson co. They are there for sure , pigs everywhere in that area ! Hunted there and killed a few !

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just like coyotes, trapping will curb them much faster than shooting individual animals will ever do. And you can trap a whole passel of pigs in a good trap
NCDA trapped in the 40s here a month or so. But the bad thing was there were big sows in the videos standing back looking at that trap that absolutely would not go in it from the get go. They gave up after 6 weeks. Now those same sows are showing up with litters in tow. That isn't to mention all the other hogs that were around. Once you have the devils you got them.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

And just like Coyotes, once you’ve got them, you’ll never get rid of them. I don’t give a damn how many you trap, shoot, or any other population control method you want to try....

30/06

Twelve Pointer

This isn't always true, we had them about 20 or so years ago in good numbers on our lease on the Dan river, there hasn't been one seen, any pics or sign in 15 years.

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
5 hogs killed so far on Gun Hunt 1 at Pee Dee. My brother in law has seen a half dozen and it's his first year hunting the refuge. I dont think this is good at all