Any other suffering Canes fans out there?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Well Cam is a free agent so he is more than likely not returning. Last week reports were Darling and Faulk maybe headed to blackhawks. Off season not much happening so the rumors fly.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Really? how you figure this has improved them? They have not addressed the goalie situation. There plan is they got two goalies that horrible seasons last year on the gamble at least one will have a bounce back season.... I'm not sure they will. You Also have to look at the rest of the league and decide who is going to be worse than the Canes to allow them to get in to playoffs? I don't see it happening.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Last edited:
So are you pleased with your team this season? How about the coach?
Asking those that follow and have a clue.
I just like to see them play in person and want them to win. The nuances of the sport are lost on me.

being there for a Stanley cup game is one of my spectator favorite moments.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
They have taken a step in right direction. Will they make playoffs ? Not sure. ... maybe squeak in but who at the top is going to falter? Special teams are pitiful can't kill a penalty. .... can't score on power play... they are in second place but if they don't address the special teams they won't make playoffs

I just like to see them play in person and want them to win. The nuances of the sport are lost on me.

This is the best team they've put on the ice in years. Roddy has them all rowing in one direction which was something sorely needed. They are putting pucks on net in bunches rather than pass pass pass as in the past. I think they will only improve as their chemistry sets in.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

I like it better than previous seasons.. we still have a couple of big holes and I am still not happy with our goal tending.. I keep hoping for Darling to turn the corner.. but from what I saw earlier this week.. he is not there yet, he gave that game to Boston. We have to score more consistently.. I was not expecting a Stanley Cup Winner this year and they are giving me the effort that seemed to be lacking in years past. For the most part the games are competitive even if we lose.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Thread starter #42
It has been agonizing to watch.......good games, then back to the same old can't kill a penalty, can't score on a power play stuff. Argh. I think their chemistry is much better with Skinner gone.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Scott Darling is AWFUL.. and the guys in front of him know it.. they do not have the same swagger when he starts.. they know that if they make a mistake they can not count on him to bail them out so they try to be perfect and conservative at the same time. They are a different team when he is not in goal.

Scott Darling is AWFUL.. and the guys in front of him know it.. they do not have the same swagger when he starts.. they know that if they make a mistake they can not count on him to bail them out so they try to be perfect and conservative at the same time. They are a different team when he is not in goal.
well the guy in goal last night had a boatload of saves. maybe he's the goalie for awhile?

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sabres have been on fire with 10 straight. Nice to not see them in the basement for a change. Figure with all the top draft picks they would have to start winning.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Darling going to waivers Thursday apparently which means when he clears he can be reassigned to the minors.. that is a good thing for the team.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As much as I have it..they need to blow this team up start over. 3 maybe 4 players we should keep. Bring in our draft pick from last year and use that as the base to build around.

The power play is not just the worst in the league, it is the worst I have ever seen. My daughter and I we're gifted tickets for tonight and I am considering wearing paper bag masks...just terrible