Any Ford sales reps

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Not sure if there's any salesmen on here, but if you're looking for a new Ford and don't have a sponsored discount, you can always sign up for an EAA membership. It's $40 per year and as a perk you get Ford X-Plan pricing. It roughly equates to a guaranteed 7% off MSRP before any rebates or private cash offers. It also caps all dealer fees to $100 iirc. Pretty decent deal as it takes all the guesswork and time of negotiating out of the way. You can get a better deal if you haggle. I've heard if you work them enough, Ford dealers will do roughly 10% off MSRP in NC. YMMV on that though. Really good information out there on the F150 forum. I'm not affiliated with Ford, just passing on what I feel is a decent deal as I hate the back and forth.

Here's a link to the EAA to get X-Plan: https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-members...unt-programs/ford-partner-recognition-program

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Not sure if there's any salesmen on here, but if you're looking for a new Ford and don't have a sponsored discount, you can always sign up for an EAA membership. It's $40 per year and as a perk you get Ford X-Plan pricing. It roughly equates to a guaranteed 7% off MSRP before any rebates or private cash offers. It also caps all dealer fees to $100 iirc. Pretty decent deal as it takes all the guesswork and time of negotiating out of the way. You can get a better deal if you haggle. I've heard if you work them enough, Ford dealers will do roughly 10% off MSRP in NC. YMMV on that though. Really good information out there on the F150 forum. I'm not affiliated with Ford, just passing on what I feel is a decent deal as I hate the back and forth.

Here's a link to the EAA to get X-Plan: https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-members...unt-programs/ford-partner-recognition-program

I bought my 250 on X-plan. Easiest vehicle buying experience i've ever had. Looked at the truck one afternoon, asked if they'd accept an X-plan pin, they agreed and told me to come in the next morning to sign the paperwork. About 30minutes or less spent in the dealership door to door.

Excursion

Ten Pointer
You buying a gasser or diesel? If gas you are ok. If diesel...… I was told by many to run from a diesel. They got big problems.

duck1996

Button Buck
You buying a gasser or diesel? If gas you are ok. If diesel...… I was told by many to run from a diesel. They got big problems.
Not to detract from what the op asked, but what sort of problems have you heard about? I can't recall ever hearing about major issues with the 6.7, in any of the generations

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
If you're buying a 250, don't.

Look up f250 death wobble.

I had a 2017 f250 (and I know for a FACT that the 18s and 19s have the same problem). It would go into a death wobble if it hit a road-to-bridge transition just right. The dang truck felt like it would fall into pieces.

Finally one rainy night I had my kids in the back on i95 and it happened. It almost killed my kids. Took it in and Ford 'fixed' it. Six months later it happened again -on a turning bridge and I almost ran into the wall. That time Ford said there was nothing wrong with the truck and it might be the tires. YEAH RIGHT!

Two days later I traded it in for a Ram 2500. Much nicer truck and it hasn't tried to kill me yet.

Forget Ford. I'll never give them another penny for any vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you're buying a 250, don't.

Look up f250 death wobble.

I had a 2017 f250 (and I know for a FACT that the 18s and 19s have the same problem). It would go into a death wobble if it hit a road-to-bridge transition just right. The dang truck felt like it would fall into pieces.

Finally one rainy night I had my kids in the back on i95 and it happened. It almost killed my kids. Took it in and Ford 'fixed' it. Six months later it happened again -on a turning bridge and I almost ran into the wall. That time Ford said there was nothing wrong with the truck and it might be the tires. YEAH RIGHT!

Two days later I traded it in for a Ram 2500. Much nicer truck and it hasn't tried to kill me yet.

Forget Ford. I'll never give them another penny for any vehicle.

I’m curious how ford “fixed it” the first time? I know what we are doing now that is fixing the problem on the newer 250s and Ford has an extended warranty attached to most of those now that don’t have the updated fix.

The older 250s and 350s are a different story. They’ve proved more difficult to fix when it rears it’s head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
They replaced the steering dampner. Seemed to get better. But the second time I almost ran into a wall going 60.

If my wife was driving the truck she wouldn't have known to expect it and how to handle it.

A local farmer down the road from me has a 2019 and said the same thing happened to him. Don't remember what Ford did for him. I know my '17 problem bled over to the '18s. Not sure about the '20s.

The first time I took it in (Feb 18) the dealer told me I had to drop it off and wait in line. No loaner vehicle or anything. I lost my mind, apologized to the man, then went off on the dealership. He was cool and helped me out, but at the end of the whole Ford ordeal they blamed the tires. Yeah right. Not with that kind of problem.

Last edited:

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I bought my 250 on X-plan. Easiest vehicle buying experience i've ever had. Looked at the truck one afternoon, asked if they'd accept an X-plan pin, they agreed and told me to come in the next morning to sign the paperwork. About 30minutes or less spent in the dealership door to door.

X-Plan makes it easy. It's not the best deal in the world, but you can't beat that ease and peace of mind. Especially these days where most dealers wont let salesmen go on test drives due to social distancing. Pick out a truck, have them bring it to your house, drive it, and if you like it give the PIN and have them deliver the paperwork. Don't have to step foot in the dealership and no haggle. Heck of a lot better than the back and forth imo.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They replaced the steering dampner. Seemed to get better. But the second time I almost ran into a wall going 60.

If my wife was driving the truck she wouldn't have known to expect it and how to handle it.

A local farmer down the road from me has a 2019 and said the same thing happened to him. Don't remember what Ford did for him. I know my '17 problem bled over to the '18s. Not sure about the '20s.

The first time I took it in (Feb 18) the dealer told me I had to drop it off and wait in line. No loaner vehicle or anything. I lost my mind, apologized to the man, then went off on the dealership. He was cool and helped me out, but at the end of the whole Ford ordeal they blamed the tires. Yeah right. Not with that kind of problem.

That’s interesting. We’ve fixed many with dampeners. You’re right, it’s not your tires. If i were to hazard a guess, I’d say the first time they put another damper on that hadn’t been updated/beefed up because Ford didn’t know the original design wasn’t working yet

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
That’s interesting. We’ve fixed many with dampeners. You’re right, it’s not your tires. If i were to hazard a guess, I’d say the first time they put another damper on that hadn’t been updated/beefed up because Ford didn’t know the original design wasn’t working yet

Dampener is just a band aid. Theoretically the truck shouldn’t do it even without a dampener.
There is more to the problem. A beefier dampener will mask the core issue, for a little while.

Excursion

Ten Pointer
Not to detract from what the op asked, but what sort of problems have you heard about? I can't recall ever hearing about major issues with the 6.7, in any of the generations

2 different Ford certified mechanics told me not to buy a diesel in 2019. They had some kind of issue with the fuel system. Ford was aware and was ignoring it. I listened and bought my first Silverado Duramax. Been a Ford guy all my life and still have the Excursion and several work trucks.

duck1996

Button Buck
2 different Ford certified mechanics told me not to buy a diesel in 2019. They had some kind of issue with the fuel system. Ford was aware and was ignoring it. I listened and bought my first Silverado Duramax. Been a Ford guy all my life and still have the Excursion and several work trucks.

10-4. I wasn't aware of that, good to know. Thanks.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I know a guy that stopped to look at a new one. The salesman told him it wasnt for sale. Ford had told them not to fix it and not sale it. He said it was being sent straight to action. Didnt know what was wrong and Ford didnt say. It was a new 250 Platinum.

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
Toyota makes fantastic trucks. When I was truck shopping to replace my 2007 Tundra my requirements were a crew cab with a full size bed. Toyota doesn't make them in that configuration, so that's the ONLY reason why I went away from Toyota.

Enjoy your Toy!!!