Antlered Mice

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
mouse-with-antlers-m~2.jpg

Scientists have grown “mini-antlers” on mice by inserting deer genes into the mouse genome, according to a new paper. The results suggest that mammals that have lost the ability to regenerate organs may still contain some regenerative genes, and that it may be possible to harness the rapid growth of antlers in other applications.

Growing at 2.75 centimeters (around 1 inch) per day, antlers are one of the fastest regenerating tissues in the animal kingdom and offer a perfect look at how mammals can regenerate cells on a regular basis. Antlers are especially interesting because mammals in general have lost the ability to regenerate organs and most other tissues, so a large appendage that regularly regrows offers unparalleled insight into how regenerative medicine for bones could work.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I found numerous links, because I had to see if it was a hoax. Books still out, but it appears the work was done in......

China.

Frankly, I'm waiting for the lab leak on this one.

I want a Euro mount for my coffee cup.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I have seen something on the news not long ago about raccoon dogs in china. As soon as they create a virus that infects everyone but asians we are all toast

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Will the book distinguish between trapped vs shot? Also will we be able to hunt them at night and can we bait?

Last edited:

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
Remember in the movie Scrooged, Bill Murray attempting to staple antlers on the little mouse?
Guess this is where the tax money goes for funding "research."

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I can see four wheelers loaded with all kinds of food products in the future…. Or is it just bear season already…..

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I found numerous links, because I had to see if it was a hoax. Books still out, but it appears the work was done in......

China.

Frankly, I'm waiting for the lab leak on this one.

I want a Euro mount for my coffee cup.
Won’t be long before them down East fellers will be starting Chinese “raccoon pups” on em for training