Antlered Doe

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am pretty sure I posted this pretty girl last year or the year before. I'm surprised she is still living. Granted I didn't hunt that section at all last year, but I probably wouldn't have shot her anyways. She is always the doe in the center of the picture.

Attachments

• IMAG0056.JPG
    IMAG0056.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 320
  • IMAG0113.JPG
    IMAG0113.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 323
  • IMAG0055.JPG
    IMAG0055.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 319
  • IMAG0046.JPG
    IMAG0046.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 310

Plottdog

Six Pointer
We killed a six point about 30 years ago that was a doe. Had all the equipment a doe is supposed to have.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I know nothing about this sort of thing, but are you calling it a doe, because of the lack of apparent male plumbing?

Does it have doe plumbing? How do you know?

Thanks. Interesting.

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I know nothing about this sort of thing, but are you calling it a doe, because of the lack of apparent male plumbing?

Does it have doe plumbing? How do you know?

Thanks. Interesting.
She had twin fawns nursing the last time I got her on camera either last year or the year before. This camera is getting some moisture in it, and its getting a little foggy. Can you see the one small antler on her head?

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We killed a six point about 30 years ago that was a doe. Had all the equipment a doe is supposed to have.
She is the first one I have ever seen. I am hesitant to kill her, I guess just because she is unique. I'll try to find picture from the last time I saw her.

tjfreddy

Button Buck
I killed a spike horn in Vermont back in 97. When I walked up to it the first thing that I noticed was it still had velvet on the horns. I Thought to myself, huh never seen that before. I pulled my knife out to field dress it, rolled it over and there were no twig and berries, and WTF! I had pics at one time but I am guessing that that they are long gone by now.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
thats why tags say antlered deer or non antlered instead of buck or doe. If you kill her you have to use an antlered tag or an an either.

m75rlg

Spike
Half and half. No external testicles, but did have external penis. Internal testicles, just inside skin, were very small. Antlers not completely hard at time of kill, but nearly all velvet off. Skinney neck with lots of lose skin. Diameter at bases of each antler between 7 1/2 and 8 inches. Split brow tines were longest of 11 total points. Being teased by a doe, but not actively chasing her when I spoted him.
46 12-9-1988.jpg

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I agree...if she raised twin fawns once, good chance she would again. She may had them this year. I didn't hunt that tract the past year and only hunted the fringe areas after I got the pictures of the big 150 8 pointer. So, she if she had male fawns she probably had ran them off already. It's possible some of those other does with her fawns from that year. Anyways, I never shoot a doe that I see have twin fawns. We kept another around with white up her front legs, we call "Stockings". She raised twin fawns for four years and then she disappeared.

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
A friend of mine shot the 2 dear that’s mounted the same day within 15 minutes apart in late November The head on the right had full velvet. It also had sex organs from both doe and buck minus the berries. The neck is small and at the tips of each point are needle like points about 1” long

Attachments

• A3FFDD6E-F7CD-44F3-8CC1-79EADB816957.jpeg
    A3FFDD6E-F7CD-44F3-8CC1-79EADB816957.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 21