Anti Bark Device

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Can someone please recommend an anti bark device. My neighbors have 5 dogs. Each one is at least 50 lbs and they bark all the time. The neighbors try to keep them quiet sometimes, but that doesn't usually work to well. I just need someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks

Catlefarmer

Six Pointer
Can someone please recommend an anti bark device. My neighbors have 5 dogs. Each one is at least 50 lbs and they bark all the time. The neighbors try to keep them quiet sometimes, but that doesn't usually work to well. I just need someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks
Bird shot

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I know this isn't helpful, but it speaks to a dogs ability to associate pain with barking.

A long time ago, bro #2 lived in a townhome that backed up to a house and the house folks had two dobermans that would bark excessively at night. Bro would open the window sash (swoosh) and pump a pellet rifle (pump, pump, pump), then shoot (pfft) one of the dogs in the butt. Dog would yelp (yelp!) and lowtail it to the doghouse.

The process started out as swoosh, pump, pump, pump, pfft, yelp!, silence.

Eventually, that became swoosh, pump, pump, pump, yelp!, silence.

Which became swoosh, yelp!, silence. All he had to do was open the window and those dogs would scurry for the doghouse.

And, ultimately, silence.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I have always thought it was crazy a dog was excepted to bark and piss and poop on your property or bark at you or the owner allows the dog to approach and bark. Example stopped by Tarboro brewing Sunday. As soon as we walk In the door, my family, small kids, this little dog jumps out of the owners lap runs toward us, lucky stopped by the leash and stands there and barks it’s head off at us. Owner didn’t seem to mind and just smiled.
I was so tempted to punt that little dog and whoop 🤨 the owner.
anyway. A guy up the road from me walks his dog past my mail box every day. He lets his dog stop and piss on my mail box. Wtf. I’m going to send my kid to his house everyday and piss on his mail box. A few random times a random dog will show up and shat in the yard. Wtf?
im not a dog fan by the way. Unless it’s owner is hot. 😎

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I use a bark collar on my two LGD at times when they get way too barky at night just barking at other dogs far off barking. It works wonders, but I'm not sure you want to invest in 5 collars or that your neighbor would let you use them on their dogs.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
anyway. A guy up the road from me walks his dog past my mail box every day. He lets his dog stop and piss on my mail box. Wtf. I’m going to send my kid to his house everyday and piss on his mail box. A few random times a random dog will show up and shat in the yard. Wtf?
i have those snap pop fireworks that are the size of m-80s for owners and dogs that cant keep from pooping in my yard even though i have my own dogs i dont wanna clean up someone elses dog crap.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Honestly since they are not your dogs, about all you can do is call animal control/police and file a complaint. My dogs back but not all the time only when someone is in my yard. i had some neighbors move in and had 4 boxes that stayed outside and barked all day and night, tried to talk to the guys wife who was home all day and she didnt care so i called. i wasnt the first one to call and report a complaint about them so they had a talk with them.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
46F49711-D966-4AAA-A95C-D47E0F1B7289.png
This thing shuts our dogs down instantly……I just barely bump the button and they tuck tail……may want to buy them one or suggest they buy one!

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I have always thought it was crazy a dog was excepted to bark and piss and poop on your property or bark at you or the owner allows the dog to approach and bark. Example stopped by Tarboro brewing Sunday. As soon as we walk In the door, my family, small kids, this little dog jumps out of the owners lap runs toward us, lucky stopped by the leash and stands there and barks it’s head off at us. Owner didn’t seem to mind and just smiled.
I was so tempted to punt that little dog and whoop 🤨 the owner.
im not a dog fan by the way. Unless it’s owner is hot. 😎

Got new neighbors 18 months ago. Dog would piss in my yard while they just sort of stood and watched.

I just walked to the gate, let my dog out, and said “get ‘em”.

LOL

JoeR

Eight Pointer
My first move would be to talk to the dog owners. Give them a chance to address it. If a second chat is necessary you can discuss whichever cure you like best. Most dogs are scared of fireworks, so that's an easy, legal route. That'll train the dogs. A big amp with death metal playing any time the dogs are barking will train the owners. There's plenty of other good suggestions above. Just know there is a strong possibility of any friendly relationship disappearing once you stop letting them crap on you.
Joe

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
My first move would be to talk to the dog owners. Give them a chance to address it. If a second chat is necessary you can discuss whichever cure you like best. Most dogs are scared of fireworks, so that's an easy, legal route. That'll train the dogs. A big amp with death metal playing any time the dogs are barking will train the owners. There's plenty of other good suggestions above. Just know there is a strong possibility of any friendly relationship disappearing once you stop letting them crap on you.
Joe
They know my feelings. Sometimes they try to handle the situation, sometimes they don't. They're good people. They just have too many animals in a small fenced in backyard. They all feed off of one another. One starts growling and barking and then the rest of them. It drives me crazy.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have 2 of those and the batteries last 3 maybe 4 day and have to be charged again. At $100 a pop thought one $100 ultra sonic box would cover all dogs within 100 yards but haven't tried them myself. Was thinking of trying to kept my and my neighbors dogs quiet.
I bought a couple ultra sonic and put in my kennels. I just as well to have stuck the money up a wild hogs azz and yelled souie.

I finally hooked up a remote controlled sprinkler system up to each individual kennel as I usually don't have kennel barkers and no need to to wholesale drown the ones that aren't the culprits. That has been the best money I ever spent.

chesson

Twelve Pointer
I have used bark collars in the past! You're looking around $40 per collar! Pretty effective!! The reason I KNOW :eek: I was going to put the collar on my dog for the night, had the barbs in my fingers and sneezed!!! That sucker LIT ME UP!!!! No wonder that dog didn't bark whenI put that collar on him!