Ant hill Euro mount?

hillbillypossum

Six Pointer
Yes and it turned red and stained and can't get the color back out of it. Better leave it till this time next year they will cover it in dirt but eat a lot slower than you think. They still didn't have it cleaned by July. I thought it was the best idea but learned quick not the fastest or cleanest!!!

DOEKILLER

Eight Pointer
Yes and it turned red and stained and can't get the color back out of it. Better leave it till this time next year they will cover it in dirt but eat a lot slower than you think. They still didn't have it cleaned by July. I thought it was the best idea but learned quick not the fastest or cleanest!!!
I’m hopin that it only takes a week or so I got 90% of everything off just need to fine tune and get the realllllly small hard to reach areas. We shall see !

hillbillypossum

Six Pointer
I’m hopin that it only takes a week or so I got 90% of everything off just need to fine tune and get the realllllly small hard to reach areas. We shall see !
I did the same eyes out brain out and all possible meat off and every time I pulled it out approx 2-3 months later it just disturbed it. Bad part most of it dried to the skull and that made it even harder to get off. I encourage you to leave it a year un disturbed according to my experience. But it doesn't cost so guess you can check as often as you like. You may have better success than I. I had a really big ant hill approx 2ft across. I also covered hill with a clear washtub and the hill continued to grow in the tub out and up. So that nothing drug the antlers off and so that the sun would heat it during the day with hopes they would work more. I have to say my first and probably last for me with ants. Hope this helps Good luck with it!!! Keep us posted!!

Last edited:

genbud78

Ten Pointer
That will take a long time. Buddy did it and it took until nearly August.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Not fan of that way. I just used pressure washer and boiling and scraped with bent metal clothes hanger worked

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
You are far better off putting it in a bucket of water submerged for a few weeks changing the water every few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk