Another Tire Thread

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I go to a mom and pop locally owned tire store. Their warranty is free as long as you carry your vehicle to them for rotation. First rotation is free then 15.00 after that. gotta get em rotated somewhere.. No questions asked and they are always the cheapest on price.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Thats wrong.
Anyday they are open they will.sell you a tire and a warranty.
Look
It is clear you dont understand.
They will do 1, 2, 3, or all 4. They are done on the SN on the case of the tire.

I'm done. Say what you want and bash Discount Tire all you want.
I have nothing to gain from this crap.

Now this is just being silly. Someone walks into Discount Tire and buys 4 tires. Do you really expect the person to say let me buy a certificate for the front drivers side tire? Don't sell me a certificate for the other three tires. That would mean on average the person would have a 25% chance that the tire that needs replacement is the tire that has the certificate on it.

What percentage of customer do you think buys one certificate instead of four certificates when buying four new tires?

Personal finance is a hobby of mine. One thing is clear in all my research is that paying for warranties for losses that are low risk and low out of pocket expenses are money losers over the long run.

You are wrong if you think I'm saying don't buy certificates because of bad experiences at Discount. I would give the exact same advice if someone asked if they should buy the $5 extended warranty on a $20 electronic gadget at Walmart.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
83c0fa0283376c3745edb4431cd943d9.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Let me know how ya like the Wildpeaks. I just bought some new tires and was thinking about getting those but changed my mind at the ladt minute and got another set of BFG's.

I've read good things about the Falkens.

Will do. I've read nothing but good things and thought it was worth a try. I've also always heard good things about BFG's.

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Let's start a math thread that only Homebrewale and Mr Gadget may participate . Back to back ten paces turn and criticize. Go!!!

Wncbowhunter

Ten Pointer
Looks like a good deal to me. But I would look at it like a car deal. You are always gonna lose but of you drive off the lot satisfied then all is good. I have had great luck with both of these tires.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Let me know how ya like the Wildpeaks. I just bought some new tires and was thinking about getting those but changed my mind at the ladt minute and got another set of BFG's.

I've read good things about the Falkens.

So, spent the last week with the Wildpeaks and will moving away from them. 60+ mph gets pretty bad cab vibration. Took them to get balanced 3 times at 2 different shops and road forced. The road force helped the most, but still vibrates pretty bad. Discount has been fantastic through it all. I really wanted to like the Wildpeaks, they look great and perform well. Drove them through the rain we've had and they felt confident and able the whole time. I would suspect they'd do well in the mud.

I almost with the KO2's as a replacement, but didn't need an LT so have Toyo Open Country AT3's on the way. I've ran the Open Country's in the past and really like them so hoping these are better.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Well that sucks.....I looked into the Toyo AT also and the guy I get my tires from recommended them.
Hope they work out well for you.

I haven't put many miles on them but really like the KO2's so far.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
So, spent the last week with the Wildpeaks and will moving away from them. 60+ mph gets pretty bad cab vibration. Took them to get balanced 3 times at 2 different shops and road forced. The road force helped the most, but still vibrates pretty bad. Discount has been fantastic through it all. I really wanted to like the Wildpeaks, they look great and perform well. Drove them through the rain we've had and they felt confident and able the whole time. I would suspect they'd do well in the mud.

I almost with the KO2's as a replacement, but didn't need an LT so have Toyo Open Country AT3's on the way. I've ran the Open Country's in the past and really like them so hoping these are better.
You will like the Toyo,.I had them for several years on my Taco.
One thing is don't just go by the sidewall pressure or the factory.
I had to play with the TP to get what I wanted for contact patch and ride.
Mine had a 50 or better TP on the side, truck factory tires call for 32 and that is what most tire stores go by. If I recall 38 to 40 back and 43 front. Then 45 rear towing.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
BTW
Have them check the rims after they remove the old tire. They can spin it up to see balance on the rim and also check out of round or true runout.
If you have one that is not in spec then mark it so you know and place on the back.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
BTW
Have them check the rims after they remove the old tire. They can spin it up to see balance on the rim and also check out of round or true runout.
If you have one that is not in spec then mark it so you know and place on the back.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll like the Toyo's as well. I've ran the Open Country's before and really liked them. Discount Tire has been amazing so far. Well the second shop has been at least. The shop I bought mine from could care less, but I called another one just down the road, explained how I had 3 balances done and still having issues. Manager asked for one more chance and if he couldn't do it, he'd take care of me on price for a more expensive tire. He personally road forced the tires and let me watch, explaining things in detail. He's a fisher and off roader who knew the tires well. We went over all the options and narrowed it down to the Terra Grapplers and Toyo's, he was confident either would work but we both felt the Toyo's were the better fit overall. They were $20 more a tire, but he took care of the price so that it was all but a wash.