Another good round

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had a great hunt with Sue and Rampage tonight. They took a while to find one. When they did they were a good ways away and I moved to hear Sue. When I did I realized I was in for it, they were headed to the river, that was going to mean a long move by road.

To I got around to I could hear again the race was about over. I heard the last 100 yards and Sue put him up. about 30 seconds later Rampage affirmed in his opinion he was there.

They were in an absolute jungle and it took me a while to get there. Luckily it was in a big poplar and they have shed quite a few leaves. The problem was still all the understory is still thick as crap. I had to get 40 yards from the tree before I could get to where I could see most of the tree. The coon was just about in the top. I knocked it out and they enjoyed it.

Sue has established herself a place here. I still don't know exactly what she will finish out to but she is far enough along that unless she develops some terrible habit I can't stand she is a keeper.
DSCF0965.JPGDSCF0968.JPGDSCF0972.JPG

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
glad Sue made it through "selection" and is now a (semi) permanent part of the NCCatfisher pack!