Another good one

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had a good one with Bat and Sue tonight. I suspect this coon was moving before dark. They hit the track in the box as i was headed out and I dumped them on it. It was pretty sorry when they got on it but they started moving it pretty good fairly quick.
I knew they were going to tree it on the other side of some bad stuff so I had to move around by the highway.
To I got around on the other side of the swamp they were treed a little over 500 yds from where I cut them out on it. I have no idea which one actually treed it first but the Garmin showed Sue getting there slightly ahead. It was a fairly large boar for here.
Vid
DSCF1020.JPGDSCF1023.JPGDSCF1024.JPG

Last edited:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Sure wish I was able to chase coon hounds across these mountains like I did as a teen ager. Would be a world of difference. Back then coons were as scarce as hens teeth but today they are a dime a dozen. Might know it now that I'm to ancient to hunt them with dogs. I could slaughter them at night with night vision stuff but that probably would ruin my chances of seeing a coyote if I started banging away at that many coons. LOL.