Another Ft, Hood SHooting Rampage!!!!!!!!

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
There are a lot of guns on military bases

Prayers sent for those affected

Natural Flight Ryan

I think our military needs more training. They seem to believe they are above the law. Trigger happy soldiers :rolleyes:

Bosun

Hopefully this incident will bring more light to the serious mental health issues plaguing the military after over a decade of war. The number of service member suicides already far outnumbers KIA's and now we have two mass shootings on base.

Windrunner

Twelve Pointer
I'm afraid that theres going to be a push to not allow our vets coming home to have weapons. Too dangerous, they'll say. A lot of anti gunners believe that only police and military should have guns but now we have vets and cops (like the retired one involved in the movie shooting in FL) involved in these shootings. Our current administration won't let a good tragedy go to waste.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
On the latest report, they reported a 9mm was used, then his personal .45...It's amazing how little the media knows about guns...

Also, this guy was a truck driver, spent 4 months deployed...Makes you wonder why he went off...

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Maybe if we could win a war or declare victory once in awhile that would help the morale a little bit. Can anyone recall the last time we actually won? I'm thinking 1945.

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If so they'll likely ignore it or cover it up but maybe we'll see if the medication this guy was on is the same class of meds virtually all the other mass shooters were on.

Last edited:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Maybe if we could win a war or declare victory once in awhile that would help the morale a little bit. Can anyone recall the last time we actually won? I'm thinking 1945.
1945 sounds about right. Every war....excuse me, "conflict"....since that had it's strategy dictated by the idiots in Washington instead of the soldiers on the battlefield who actually knew what they were facing and what was really going on day-to-day......

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nope, they stopped Schwarzkopf before they could get him. He was captured much later. Iraq is still going if you haven't noticed.

Last edited:

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
On the latest report, they reported a 9mm was used, then his personal .45...It's amazing how little the media knows about guns...

Also, this guy was a truck driver, spent 4 months deployed...Makes you wonder why he went off...

The general speaking mentioned the 9mm then corrected himself later in that it was only a .45 used.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Bush jr wanted to topple Saddam and he did.

There are a lot of guns on military bases

I am not really sure how or even if you are gainfully employed, but with the type of deep thought you had to put into these two comments you really need to start up a business making fortune cookies. This type of mundane logic really needs not to be wasted.

mdunker

Ten Pointer
We all know if this guy wanted a gun he could have gotten one illegally. He bought it legally from the same store that the last nut job bought his legally that killed folks at Ft Hood. Somehow we need to close the loophole where these mentally unstable guys can legally buy a gun.

Of course the gun store is getting blasted. There is nothing they can do about it. He passed the current background checks that are in place.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
We all know if this guy wanted a gun he could have gotten one illegally. He bought it legally from the same store that the last nut job bought his legally that killed folks at Ft Hood. Somehow we need to close the loophole where these mentally unstable guys can legally buy a gun.

Of course the gun store is getting blasted. There is nothing they can do about it. He passed the current background checks that are in place.

The liberals and Dems don't want to do anything about mental illness and folks who need help.