Another first,,,

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I remember one year we had 3 come into a creek we were hunting on high rock during the October season. Have seen them on Shearon Harris more than once. Saw a couple flying around lake norman a few years ago in January while fishing. Had a whole flock fly over in caswell in year while deer hunting and the furthest inland I’ve ever seen any was in Davie county. We have more swans than ducks these days lol

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I remember one year we had 3 come into a creek we were hunting on high rock during the October season. Have seen them on Shearon Harris more than once. Saw a couple flying around lake norman a few years ago in January while fishing. Had a whole flock fly over in caswell in year while deer hunting and the furthest inland I’ve ever seen any was in Davie county. We have more swans than ducks these days lol

now how did you see them flying around lake normal but the furthest inland you’ve seen them was Davie County? Just how far AROUND LKN did you see them fly 😂

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
I've seen a few in central nc but it's a rarity for sure...sounds far-fetched but I heard some sandhill cranes fly over while turkey hunting cpl years back

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I saw one in Columbus County, not far from Lake Waccamaw, in January of 1999. Remember it well because I had a permit. It was literally in the field beside my house. The only time my wife ever asked me not to Kill something. She was actually in labor with our daughter. I still give her a hard time about being selfish. Amazingly my daughter went on her first waterfowl hunt in 2019 and absolutely loves it. She claims that swan was a "sign" of things to come.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
The lake i was moose hunting in last month had a swan there, sure made us scratch our heads while glassing the shoreline and that bright white bird showing itself, had to go investigate to make sure

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
now how did you see them flying around lake normal but the furthest inland you’ve seen them was Davie County? Just how far AROUND LKN did you see them fly 😂

I had davie county and lkn turned around. I meant iredell(lkn) was the furthest inland I had ever seen them. My post made nonsense lol

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
The traditional wintering grounds in and around L. Mattamuskeet has changed perhaps due to the poor water quality of the lake itself. We have had them here in Bladen for quite a few years now.

Heading to Kansas the first part of December for cranes. Should be a lot of fun.