Another Auburn Thread

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Here’s what makes no sense. Auburn spent $21M to get rid of an above average (and frustrating) coach.

Then Auburn spent $15M to get rid of a terrible coach they tried to fire for cause on a morals clause.

Now they are considering hiring an average/above average coach who is a walking morals clause violation.

We’ll see when the ink is dry I guess.

Meanwhile, Auburn is a basketball school.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
He beat Saban a couple of times, good offensive mind and recruiter. If he's smart, he's on the phone with Jim Leonard (Wisconsin interim) to be his DC.

Good hire, and I'm glad this was not a drawn out process - that's when teams get desperate and hire the likes of Derek Dooley...

...or Brian Harsin

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Im just mad Florida didn't hire him first. Bet he has a better first year than Sunbelt Billy does in his second.

I think the jury is still out on Napier. I hope he can turn it around, but he had the worst first year of any Florida coach I can remember.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Patrick Toney, the "DC" needed to be fired five games into the season.
100% people underestimate coordinators gotta get your staff right around you or gonna have issues its part of being head coach. Which imo is issue at Clemson at moment missing that DC bad and why I'd bet money Bama has new coordinators next year. Also I believe its why LSU won that last title one good thing coach O did was hire them 2

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I think Freeze could do OK at auburn what I don't think will happen is he'll get enough time to do it. Impatient unrealistic people there. In 5 years he and Kiffin both be gone not lot long term coaches in SEC

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Uh-uh. They’re getting ECU guy.

I came back to this thread and realized I’d missed a few posts. But this is the one I’m looking for.

Auburn got a transfer center from ECU supposed to be pretty good.

Can’t be worse than what has been on the line the past 4-5 years.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
I came back to this thread and realized I’d missed a few posts. But this is the one I’m looking for.

Auburn got a transfer center from ECU supposed to be pretty good.

Can’t be worse than what has been on the line the past 4-5 years.
He committed to Illinois once in the portal and then he ends up at Auburn.