Another Auburn Thread

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
My goodness Auburn football is terrible.

Things are looking good for baseball.
Women’s volleyball is tearing it up.
Swim & Dive coach (swam for Marsh, successful elsewhere) has things moving in right direction.
Gymnastics still has reigning Olympic Women’s champ, recruited a top 5 worlds athlete.
Basketball season is almost here and Pearl has some good recruits.

But, man, football is terrible.

coachcornbread

Ten Pointer
I completely feel your pain, fortunately for me I think we have found our guy in Heupel. After Saturday I’m ready ready to give him a lifetime contract.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I completely feel your pain, fortunately for me I think we have found our guy in Heupel. After Saturday I’m ready ready to give him a lifetime contract.

Let me tell a little story about the last Auburn coach that got a big contract after beating SPUAT.

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
Yeah those long term contracts after a big win have a way of coming back to bite ya.

Word is the athletic department is already searching for a new coach for next season but feels there is no suitable interim on the current staff to move forward the rest of the season without the majority of the team hitting the transfer portal, so Harsin stays until after the Bama game (probably a safe bet we won’t be going to any bowl game this year).

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah those long term contracts after a big win have a way of coming back to bite ya.

Word is the athletic department is already searching for a new coach for next season but feels there is no suitable interim on the current staff to move forward the rest of the season without the majority of the team hitting the transfer portal, so Harsin stays until after the Bama game (probably a safe bet we won’t be going to any bowl game this year).

That’s one of the theories I’ve heard. We used to have good inside contacts from the Dye-Tuberville years, they’re all gone now.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I’d love to see Ol Neon Dion Sanders take that Auburn job.
Like him or hate him, he is what Auburn needs right now.

My biggest fear with heupel is venables sucking it up at OU so bad they come after him.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not too worried about that. He loves Knoxville and OU has already passed on him twice during coaching searches so Im guessing he would tell them to pound sand.

Hard to say no to your alma mater or a better paying job elsewhere. Many coaches have left really good gigs to go to their alma mater or to another job only to suck……just ask jimbo fisher…..he didn’t leave for his alma mater but he left an elite job for a second rate job and will never even sniff a cfp berth again because of it.

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
He gone.
Hoping the next guy up doesn’t suck.
But going to be a tough couple of years to build the program back. Expecting a ton of guys to hit the portal here very shortly.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I’m sure it will be an underwhelming hire.

Since Pat Dye they’ve hired Tot, Tuberville, Chizik, Malzahn, and Harsin.

Everyone but Harsin did well at some point, but there were issues.

Harsin doesn’t belong in the conversation with even that bunch.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
My goodness Auburn football is terrible.

Things are looking good for baseball.
Women’s volleyball is tearing it up.
Swim & Dive coach (swam for Marsh, successful elsewhere) has things moving in right direction.
Gymnastics still has reigning Olympic Women’s champ, recruited a top 5 worlds athlete.
Basketball season is almost here and Pearl has some good recruits.

But, man, football is terrible.

Top 10 wins of the Bryan Harsin era:
1. Ole Miss (2021)
2. Arkansas (20210)
3. LSU (2021)
4. Missouri (2022)
5. San Jose State (2022)
6. Georgia State (2021)
7. Akron (2021)
8. Mercer (2022)
9. Alabama State (2021)
10. …

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
314330473_661419208973184_3916251860301989872_n.jpg

coachcornbread

Ten Pointer
It's a done deal.
SDS has about as much credibility as the Democratic Party. The only thing they are consistent with is their every Saturday FB post bashing the CBS coverage, I honestly think they copy/paste and just edit the teams.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
SDS has about as much credibility as the Democratic Party. The only thing they are consistent with is their every Saturday FB post bashing the CBS coverage, I honestly think they copy/paste and just edit the teams.
well my source has no website so i just threw up one of the many sec sites that are foreshadowing the inevitable.