Anole Lizard

JoeR

Eight Pointer
Nice pic! I've got no shortage of lizards on my property but I've never seen an anole here. I may be just bit too fat north for them. I do like to watch them zip around the bushes when I go to Florida.
Joe

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Nice pic! I've got no shortage of lizards on my property but I've never seen an anole here. I may be just bit too fat north for them. I do like to watch them zip around the bushes when I go to Florida.
Joe
you are just out of the Carolina Anole's range

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Sharp image & nice picture.
I used to see a bunch of Anoles in Chatham County, but just don't see any up here by the Orange/Durham County border. There's also a lot by where my brother lived in Wilmington.

Jim

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Sharp image & nice picture.
I used to see a bunch of Anoles in Chatham County, but just don't see any up here by the Orange/Durham County border. There's also a lot by where my brother lived in Wilmington.

Jim
they are all over my place in cary , never saw one in Northern alamance.
you an see they are in Orange and Durham but not even 1/2 way up , just the very bottom of the 2 counties.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
The first of these I saw in cabarrus was mid 90s while deer hunting in November, they came up from under the leaves to get some sun on the side of a red oak. Now they are everywhere around my house. Old house with window weights that has holes for the cords that go through the window frames,they must hibernate in the walls because warm days in winter I find them inside the windows sometimes like they dead. Real dark almost black but if I lay them in the sun they come to life and turn brown

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

so back when I was young and "full of myself" we were down at Hurlburt/Eglin area for an exercise,,, it was fall/winter of 1981,,,we were taking a break and talking smack to each other,,, conversation was oriented on "survival eating" the ol' 'if you can hold it in your hands it's edible" concept (minus poisonous stuff of course you heathens),,,,,and this fellow didn't believe I'd devour most anything if I was hungry,,,

he happened to have a #10 can with a few anole in there that he'd caught,,,,

I picked up a piece of bread, looked him in the eye and said, "put one of them here,,, I need a sandwich",,,, he did and about died when I bit that anole sandwich in half,,,, ol' tail just a wagging out the far side,,,, then ate the rest in two more bites,,, smacked my lips,,, might even have burped,,,

Anole are edible ya know,,,,

nice pic,,,

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
so back when I was young and "full of myself" we were down at Hurlburt/Eglin area for an exercise,,, it was fall/winter of 1981,,,we were taking a break and talking smack to each other,,, conversation was oriented on "survival eating" the ol' 'if you can hold it in your hands it's edible" concept (minus poisonous stuff of course you heathens),,,,,and this fellow didn't believe I'd devour most anything if I was hungry,,,

he happened to have a #10 can with a few anole in there that he'd caught,,,,

I picked up a piece of bread, looked him in the eye and said, "put one of them here,,, I need a sandwich",,,, he did and about died when I bit that anole sandwich in half,,,, ol' tail just a wagging out the far side,,,, then ate the rest in two more bites,,, smacked my lips,,, might even have burped,,,

Anole are edible ya know,,,,

nice pic,,,
I found a Special Services Handbook in an old junk car about 40 years ago- the most memorable line in it was "All hairless caterpillars are good to eat".

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My most memorable thing about Florida anoles is wearing them as ear rings...that used to be the thing. They would hang there for a long time.
You've just never lived until you've had lizard ear rings. šŸ˜œ