Angry, Chix Wings Prices

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just pd 3.99 lb for 5 lbs of split wings at tyson foods in gastonia...they are nice and plump, but damn......ground chuck was about the same price

704Josh

Four Pointer
Just pd 3.99 lb for 5 lbs of split wings at tyson foods in gastonia...they are nice and plump, but damn......ground chuck was about the same price
Nice, I worked there about 20yrs ago for a couple yrs. Chicken wings and ground chuck were practically dirt cheap then.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
So last night I did something I haven't done since I bought my ceramic grill in 2018. Rather than fire it up and grill my own pizza, I ordered one online. dominos. Been probably 4 years.

I ordered a pizza and 6 chix wings as fluff. Got a call on my cell phone. "sir, we are currently OUT OF chix wings". :mad:

Yet they offered BONELESS wings?!?!?!

Hmmmmmmmm?????? The plot thickens.
Yeah the feral cat meats are easily deboned

nckeith

Ten Pointer
Those whom know me are well aware that chix wings are not only a HUGE part of my diet, but also an item I consider cooking to be a form of art. I have long searched for "the perfect wing" like that japanese dude searching for the perfect bloom in the movie "Last Samurai".

Tonight, with the Bristol Race, Space X Splashdown, ISS apparently in an hour and a half, seemed like a PERFECT night to cook chix wings (I have also cooked them in sleet, hail, fog, snow, etc).

I run up to the local Harris Teeter, they know me there. I was SHOCKED to see 1 full tray of wings cost $24.00!!!!!

Literally $4.99 per pound!!!!

Boneless skinless chix breasts are only $1.99 per pound, same with boneless tenders. Chix drumsticks? $1.50 per pound!!!! Same with thighs.

WTH happened that caused chix wings to become more valuable (per volume) than GAS, Water, Good cuts of BEEF, Seafood, !?!?!?!?!

Anyone who knows me knows chix wings are an IMPORTANT part of my lifestyle! I take pictures, I cook them, I even eat them at restaurants and give feedback.
I can NOT afford $46 in chix wings every night I want to have a "cookout".

Somewhere is a crook.
Elections have consequences?
Or those chickens have come home to roost?

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
@NCST8GUY , Brian, having family in the growing business, this thread came to mind while chatting with one that has 3 farms and manages a 4th, so I asked the question pertaining to the "why". His response..........management. They are shorting the growers by thousands of birds each cycle to reduce production, therefore holding prices (due to reduced availability) higher. This is, as I expected, a manufactured issue by your favorite processor corporations..

Stilhuntin

Four Pointer
Those whom know me are well aware that chix wings are not only a HUGE part of my diet, but also an item I consider cooking to be a form of art. I have long searched for "the perfect wing" like that japanese dude searching for the perfect bloom in the movie "Last Samurai".

Tonight, with the Bristol Race, Space X Splashdown, ISS apparently in an hour and a half, seemed like a PERFECT night to cook chix wings (I have also cooked them in sleet, hail, fog, snow, etc).

I run up to the local Harris Teeter, they know me there. I was SHOCKED to see 1 full tray of wings cost $24.00!!!!!

Literally $4.99 per pound!!!!

Boneless skinless chix breasts are only $1.99 per pound, same with boneless tenders. Chix drumsticks? $1.50 per pound!!!! Same with thighs.

WTH happened that caused chix wings to become more valuable (per volume) than GAS, Water, Good cuts of BEEF, Seafood, !?!?!?!?!

Anyone who knows me knows chix wings are an IMPORTANT part of my lifestyle! I take pictures, I cook them, I even eat them at restaurants and give feedback.
I can NOT afford $46 in chix wings every night I want to have a "cookout".

Somewhere is a crook.
Casey O’Day reported on his radio show this morning that chicken wing prices have dropped 40% since their peak during the pandemic.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Chicken plants I’ve been in always scale back this time of year due to Thanksgiving & Christmas since a lot people are buying turkeys or ham. They try to ramp back up in time for the Super Bowl.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Promised friends and kids we ‘d have wings for Super Bowl. Stopped at local Harris Teeter and grabbed two packs. When they rang me up it was $54+ tax. Holy moly! These better be good, last time these will be on the menu til prices come down.

Back to Bojangles. Grabbed a supreme meal the other day and they had no sauces. Options were ketchup, TX Pete or jam, they actually offered jam to dip my supremes in. Writing is on the wall for the Bo.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
When your EBT card is based on multiple " dependents" that are recycled by multiple people, you can afford to buy the choice meats that the working class has to bypass for less expensive cuts.
I usee to love some wings..lots of fried and smothered wings. I can't even remember the last time I cooked any.
And if you watch the shoppers it's not too difficult to pick out the ones with an EBT card; big as a whiskey barrel and often filling two carts with plenty of items which I can only walk past in reflection, thinking to myself and wondering if I'll have to eventually resort to buying a tray of chicken feet.

Fatkid

Eight Pointer
And if you watch the shoppers it's not too difficult to pick out the ones with an EBT card; big as a whiskey barrel and often filling two carts with plenty of items which I can only walk past in reflection, thinking to myself and wondering if I'll have to eventually resort to buying a tray of chicken feet.
EBT payments must be keeping up with inflation

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Uh oh, you organic chicken wang lovers… watch out

Hope its not the case, but if so I will have 50 pasture raised, organic, free range, cage free, gluten free, american humane certified, non GMO, hormone free, all natural chicken wings for sale. $75 a dozen. 🤣

thandy

Ten Pointer
If you are close to Wilkes go the the Tyson Chicken store. You can get some great deals there on chicken.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Hope its not the case, but if so I will have 50 pasture raised, organic, free range, cage free, gluten free, american humane certified, non GMO, hormone free, all natural chicken wings for sale. $75 a dozen. 🤣

You can charge even more for boneless 💀

Mallard Cutter

Six Pointer
Promised friends and kids we ‘d have wings for Super Bowl. Stopped at local Harris Teeter and grabbed two packs. When they rang me up it was $54+ tax. Holy moly! These better be good, last time these will be on the menu til prices come down.

Back to Bojangles. Grabbed a supreme meal the other day and they had no sauces. Options were ketchup, TX Pete or jam, they actually offered jam to dip my supremes in. Writing is on the wall for the Bo.
Who in the **** puts jam on a chicken wing ??😂😂

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
Just be grateful your bojangles are open and have chicken supremes. In Goldsboro it’s been hit or miss whether or not bojangles has enough employees to open on any given day or even has chicken supremes to sell.

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Same problem in Cary, we can't hardly find a place with a dining room open anymore that doesn't charge near $20 for a lunch plate. I'm gonna have to start brown bagging it. Problem is I need to get away for an hour. If I eat in the break room I get no peace. "Hey I know your eating lunch but.......I don't know how to do my job"