Angry, Chix Wings Prices

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I take drumsticks and thighs over dry arse breast meat every time,,,,

I likes dark meat, too. 🤣. Seriously, dad's, mom's, mine's(lol), especially dad's fried drumsticks...half of them smothered in gravy. Every day!!! Thighs are 2nd, then wings. Do like the pulley bone. Breast, dry.

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
I appreciate a good chicken wing as much as anyone, but these dang prices are bordering insanity.

Aythya

Eight Pointer
Supply and Demand plus Marketing to fools is behind the wing prices. If wings were $0.89 pound the skin and meat to meat to bone ratio would still not make them a deal at that price. If you love chicken wings then you should really love chicken thighs. IGA at Newport this week thighs were slightly less than a third the price per pound as wings and have a close to 1:1 meat to bone ratio compared to probably 6;1 or more for thighs.

Let me know when wings hit a dollar a pound or less, mayne 1.50 or less. I'll buy 15-20 pound to freeze for crab bait. :)

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Don’t even get started on Bojangles. They’ve been on the struggle bus all year. Can’t open dining rooms, can’t open on Mondays now. Can’t get anything right when you’re there either. One day it was so bad their drink machine was down, and they didn’t even have water. That’s right - they ran out of WATER.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Bryan this isn’t at you specifically JUST all Americans (including myself)…. This is why the Politicians keep taking our freedoms!!!

we get more upset over luxury items than we do draconian mandates

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
Don’t even get started on Bojangles. They’ve been on the struggle bus all year. Can’t open dining rooms, can’t open on Mondays now. Can’t get anything right when you’re there either. One day it was so bad their drink machine was down, and they didn’t even have water. That’s right - they ran out of WATER.
I’ve been told twice by someone that should know, Bojangles is very near having to shut down all operations. Dang shame, my kids love the place and they are never open and don’t have anything when you do catch them open.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve been told twice by someone that should know, Bojangles is very near having to shut down all operations. Dang shame, my kids love the place and they are never open and don’t have anything when you do catch them open.
I can believe it. I love them too, but it’s apparent they are just barely keeping their heads above water, and sometimes they can’t even do that.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Was there any doubt that it was doomed to fail?
I'm surprised it has lasted 3 years since the holding company bought it at a VERY discounted price.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Those whom know me are well aware that chix wings are not only a HUGE part of my diet, but also an item I consider cooking to be a form of art. I have long searched for "the perfect wing" like that japanese dude searching for the perfect bloom in the movie "Last Samurai".

Tonight, with the Bristol Race, Space X Splashdown, ISS apparently in an hour and a half, seemed like a PERFECT night to cook chix wings (I have also cooked them in sleet, hail, fog, snow, etc).

I run up to the local Harris Teeter, they know me there. I was SHOCKED to see 1 full tray of wings cost $24.00!!!!!

Literally $4.99 per pound!!!!

Boneless skinless chix breasts are only $1.99 per pound, same with boneless tenders. Chix drumsticks? $1.50 per pound!!!! Same with thighs.

WTH happened that caused chix wings to become more valuable (per volume) than GAS, Water, Good cuts of BEEF, Seafood, !?!?!?!?!

Anyone who knows me knows chix wings are an IMPORTANT part of my lifestyle! I take pictures, I cook them, I even eat them at restaurants and give feedback.
I can NOT afford $46 in chix wings every night I want to have a "cookout".

Somewhere is a crook.

Damn, what’s all this fuss??🤪

Cooked a pack Wednesday and again last night. I’ve started air frying them in the Ninja. Quick, easy, and with crispy skin. And the good news is I have several more packs left. I too saw that ridiculous Harris Teeter price and said to hell with that …

37C5C69E-A639-477F-A3FA-8FB74D290CB6.jpeg

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That must be location dependent. I have eaten several times in the restaurant over the last few months.
Beulaville, dining room closed
Richlands, dining room closed
Kinston Hwy 70, dining room open 7 am to 4pm

If they would just go head and close the one in Beulaville, it would save a lot of people some head aches.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
drumettes at the local IGA last night were $4.29
whole wings were $3.59

Truck must have came yesterday. case was full.

I wanted a Ribeye, but damn, $17.99 per pound

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I like to marinade in teriyaki, season with what you like, bake/grill/smoke to your liking and coat with a think layer of bbq sauce of choice towards the end.
always comes out great.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well I think I finally found out why chicken wings are so expensive now,,,

Rolling up I-59 from Louisiana up through Mississippi and I happen to pass a Tyson’s truck loaded down with chicken wings

Had two really mean looking dudes riding shotgun on top with 50 Cal machine gun’s I guess they’ve had threats of people trying to steal the wings,,,,

chicken wings are the new drug that needs to be protected,,,,Wing cartels,,,,

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Well I think I finally found out why chicken wings are so expensive now,,,

Rolling up I-59 from Louisiana up through Mississippi and I happen to pass a Tyson’s truck loaded down with chicken wings

Had two really mean looking dudes riding shotgun on top with 50 Cal machine gun’s I guess they’ve had threats of people trying to steal the wings,,,,

chicken wings are the new drug that needs to be protected,,,,Wing cartels,,,,

I've always hated seeing those helpless wings in those cages. Just flopping around like a fish out of water.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
So last night I did something I haven't done since I bought my ceramic grill in 2018. Rather than fire it up and grill my own pizza, I ordered one online. dominos. Been probably 4 years.

I ordered a pizza and 6 chix wings as fluff. Got a call on my cell phone. "sir, we are currently OUT OF chix wings". :mad:

Yet they offered BONELESS wings?!?!?!

Hmmmmmmmm?????? The plot thickens.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Gonna air fry me some wangs tonight ….. couple different brands of Buffalo sauces for variety to boot. Hurry up darkness. 😋