Angry, Chix Wings Prices

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just pd 3.99 lb for 5 lbs of split wings at tyson foods in gastonia...they are nice and plump, but damn......ground chuck was about the same price

704Josh

Spike
Just pd 3.99 lb for 5 lbs of split wings at tyson foods in gastonia...they are nice and plump, but damn......ground chuck was about the same price
Nice, I worked there about 20yrs ago for a couple yrs. Chicken wings and ground chuck were practically dirt cheap then.

YanceyGreenhorn

Not a Moderator
So last night I did something I haven't done since I bought my ceramic grill in 2018. Rather than fire it up and grill my own pizza, I ordered one online. dominos. Been probably 4 years.

I ordered a pizza and 6 chix wings as fluff. Got a call on my cell phone. "sir, we are currently OUT OF chix wings". :mad:

Yet they offered BONELESS wings?!?!?!

Hmmmmmmmm?????? The plot thickens.
Yeah the feral cat meats are easily deboned

nckeith

Eight Pointer
Those whom know me are well aware that chix wings are not only a HUGE part of my diet, but also an item I consider cooking to be a form of art. I have long searched for "the perfect wing" like that japanese dude searching for the perfect bloom in the movie "Last Samurai".

Tonight, with the Bristol Race, Space X Splashdown, ISS apparently in an hour and a half, seemed like a PERFECT night to cook chix wings (I have also cooked them in sleet, hail, fog, snow, etc).

I run up to the local Harris Teeter, they know me there. I was SHOCKED to see 1 full tray of wings cost $24.00!!!!!

Literally $4.99 per pound!!!!

Boneless skinless chix breasts are only $1.99 per pound, same with boneless tenders. Chix drumsticks? $1.50 per pound!!!! Same with thighs.

WTH happened that caused chix wings to become more valuable (per volume) than GAS, Water, Good cuts of BEEF, Seafood, !?!?!?!?!

Anyone who knows me knows chix wings are an IMPORTANT part of my lifestyle! I take pictures, I cook them, I even eat them at restaurants and give feedback.
I can NOT afford $46 in chix wings every night I want to have a "cookout".

Somewhere is a crook.
Elections have consequences?
Or those chickens have come home to roost?

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
@NCST8GUY , Brian, having family in the growing business, this thread came to mind while chatting with one that has 3 farms and manages a 4th, so I asked the question pertaining to the "why". His response..........management. They are shorting the growers by thousands of birds each cycle to reduce production, therefore holding prices (due to reduced availability) higher. This is, as I expected, a manufactured issue by your favorite processor corporations..