Anchor line, what you use?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Guys I picked up some anchor line, sold for anchors 150 feet.
It is the white twist. Rope is great, little bulky but the problem is it sucks up water, stays wet for days and gets heavy because of this.
May be just this brand. 1/2" dia
Just thinking about going with something else to decrease the amount of water it holds and time to dry maybe less bulk.

What you use, size and brand, likes and dislikes? This stuff is really easy on the hands, so great there, but just takes a week outside to dry or longer. It was still wet 2 weeks later with the boat covered laying on the aluminum deck, there is air movement under the cover.

Thoughts?
Boat is 20' aluminum

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Yea ive got similar rope and its pretty much always wet. It's soft cheap and easy to deal with. Braided line seems to be a lot better at drying out.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I may just start storing it in a basket with holes in it and not the rope bag or anchor box on the boat so I done need to dry it the repack it. It can just stay in the basket on the boat.
It will dry when it does or get trashed when needed.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I never noticed it staying wet but when I had a boat....I kept it wet. Best anchor rope I have used...is the 5/8 braided rope from home depot...comes in a 200 ft roll. Its stays soft and you can put it in a pile in the floor of the boat and it will still go out easy...no tangled up mess to deal with. Little on the high price side.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I never noticed it staying wet but when I had a boat....I kept it wet. Best anchor rope I have used...is the 5/8 braided rope from home depot...comes in a 200 ft roll. Its stays soft and you can put it in a pile in the floor of the boat and it will still go out easy...no tangled up mess to deal with. Little on the high price side.
Thanks
I will look into it.
By chance you remember the brand?

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I don't remember the name but its a braided rope and real soft. Comes in different colors...I have seen blue and white, green and white, but mine is black. Only down fall is I have seen the color dye come out a little once its wet the first time.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My dad had a short term renter toss about 300' of anchor line in the trash can down in the keys. He didn't like that some of it was discolored. That's what I use in my boat now. It usually dries out after a couple days.