Almost Tame

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sure has been entertaining, having these Barred owls hanging around the property this past month. This is the smaller one, which we believe to be the male. He sat in this tree near my wife's gardening bench for several hours the other day, and could have cared less about our comings and goings. Even walking directly under his perch didn't bother him in the least.

DSC_7272.jpg

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sure has been entertaining, having these Barred owls hanging around the property this past month. This is the smaller one, which we believe to be the male. He sat in this tree near my wife's gardening bench for several hours the other day, and could have cared less about our comings and goings. Even walking directly under his perch didn't bother him in the least.

View attachment 66786
Lucky experience for sure…after a lifetime in and around woods & wildlife I’ve yet to ever see one

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I remember riding down a narrow logging road & a Barred Owl just sat on a limb w/out flying off about 5' from my driver's window. Flew off about 4-5 min. later after we took each other in.