ALMOST HERE

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah I’m going tomorrow for a broadhead target to check poi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've got a couple good ones moving in daylight right now. Been 2-3 years since I've had that on opening week.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Nothing on my cameras yet but planning to go set up climber tomorrow and fill up spin feeder. Good luck to everyone

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Have had cameras out 3 weeks going to check them this weekend.hoping to see my big 9pt from last year on one of them.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Got some dink’s on camera and some big fat nannies. We lost most of our hamburger to a power outage over the summer. The first couple of big nannies that walk by are in trouble. I’m just excited for some tree stand therapy!!

Smarr28

Spike
Shot Crossbow this morning and it’s spot on. Continuing to dial in the compound. Can’t wait!! Ready to feel the freezer and be fat an happy.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
looking forward to it. hoping this hurricane doesn't screw up their patterns.

had does on camera at 0800 yesterday morning. going to pull the card again today...

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
looking forward to it. hoping this hurricane doesn't screw up their patterns.

had does on camera at 0800 yesterday morning. going to pull the card again today...

Yeeeeahh..... looking like I might be screwed for my first bow opener.. the spots we are planning to hunt are pretty low & wet already, 10” of rain sure isn’t going to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
hoping this hurricane doesn't screw up their patterns.
Agreed. Hoping opening day isn’t so nasty that I can’t get out! Last year after Florence, the hunting was in the dumps for about a month. No one was seeing deer, and most of the game lands were shut down.

Guybo

Eight Pointer
I'm ready, my daughter's ready but now unfortunately Dorian will decide what happens next. Last two bow seasons have been a bust here in our section of Robeson county. We're in flat lands and low lying areas that can't take alot of water at one time. Also I work for the DOT and depending on what happens we'll be on 12hr days 7 days a week for a while if things get bad. Time will tell.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
All dialed in.This hurricane is,going to screw up opening weekend for alot.No power, downed trees,etc. Plus already tons,of acorns,on the ground,got a few big ones showing up,hope they stay a week or so longer,on a plus side,got several,does with twins,and no coyotes.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Weather or acorns may change change it all BUT I scouted/baited a new spot = oak flat in Surry sat a week ago ... went back yesterday and they had devoured 4 - 50# bags of Cobcorn. Deer crap everywhere and a few acorns falling around my setup

Can’t wait for the opener

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I’m ready, let’s just hope one decides to walk by! My finger has been itching for a couple months now.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Cameras can be a blessing and a curse! I’ve had no shooters show up on any of my cameras across the farm even though I’m almost certain they survived last season. That along with limited time to prepare has me less excited than normal to be in the woods this September. I’ll be working opening weekend anyway so my first chance will be next Monday. Maybe the bug will bite between now and then.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Acorns are starting to fall where I hunt in the mountains. Place looks like a roto tiller has been run thru it. Stand has been up, bow is ready. I can't hunt on Saturday, but a buck will die Sunday evening about 7:48 ?
Ordinarily I'd be up for draghing help but with this heat God bless y'all it'll be Oct before I hit woods

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I found a great deal on a pack that’s made for toting meat out. Hope to try it out this weekend...

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
It’s looking like the worst of the storm will be past us by Saturday. I’m sure there will be some unexpected high water and downed trees, but I can work with that. I’m just hoping they don’t shut down most of the National Forest or impose curfews that make it impossible to hunt the best hours like they did after Florence.

DarrinG

Six Pointer
I'm not hunting Saturday (family things going on) but will be in a tree on the side of a mountain somewhere almost every day next week, starting Monday. The Magnus ' are shaving sharp and ready to drive thru the boiler room!