All things pertainng to Hyde county.

ducknut

Six Pointer
I'm sure some of this is sarcasm, at least I hope. But enough damn laws already. We have more than enough public water in our state for everyone. Do away with all the laws making public water private and it will relieve the pressure on the few counties that don't have them. We need to regulate ourselves. No one's entitled to a spot. Someone beats you to a spot. Move on. Not hard to do.

Steelshot Scott

Four Pointer
Actually, you are trying to ban private land owners from using their stationary blinds by trying to impose these time and distance sanctions.
No, they tried to force public hunters off public water by imposing restrictive laws on public water. All we are saying is that if the laws are going to be passed, they treat everyone equally. We would be perfectly fine with all these restrictive laws just going away.

clayteson

Button Buck
Any news on progression of this? Normally on the Refuge but decided to venture here because chat has been lively on this subject. I have a fairly well written letter drafted and ready to send. Unsure of who the best recipients would be. Any recommendations? On my list is Bobby Hanig who's the NC general assembly rep for Hyde. Also have a list of GA reps for Wake County but I'm unsure of how these things progress. Normally politics is something I like to stay out of.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
I wrote both Hanig and Stienburg when this first started. To his credit Hanig called the county to see what was going on. Stienburg (Senator) ignored the message. It would be good for someone to keep this on their radar. I wish nothing would change in Hyde but that probably will not happen. My guess is that by the Oct commission meeting we will have a good idea of what the County Commissioners will ask the legislature to enact. Everything on this board to this point is just speculation.

Once the legislature gets the request it will be assigned to a committee. Who knows what they will do with it.

When it goes to the legislature in the Nov/Dec time frame for consideration in the Jan 2020 session then it is important for everyone to contact their legislator (both Representative and Senator)

If the State is involved in litigation involving public trust issues in other counties then it may not be considered until the court issues are resolved.

Hopefully one day marsh front owners will realize they have no special rights to public water.

Roanoke

Six Pointer
How are all of the blinds off of the land on North Lake Rd going to work with this new law. The Lake is public. The purchased rights to hunt their lake blinds.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Good question. There is no public access to the lake on Northlake Road, The lake is closed to boating from October to March. A person would have to trespass to get to the blinds. The people that do own blinds put them on private land. in the case of Northlake Road people own the lake bottom where the blinds are located.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I'm kind of looking forward to this season. The drama, the intrigue, the crimes, the comedy, the cast of characters :eek: .

Duck season is the best show on Earth! You just gotta be there! Does anyone make a 12v popcorn maker? It would be so nice to sit back in the boat with a bucket. Pass the butter please. :ROFLMAO:

Dingbatter

Button Buck
I'm kind of looking forward to this season. The drama, the intrigue, the crimes, the comedy, the cast of characters :eek: .

Duck season is the best show on Earth! You just gotta be there! Does anyone make a 12v popcorn maker? It would be so nice to sit back in the boat with a bucket. Pass the butter please. :ROFLMAO:
The cast of characters, you mean the "tin boat navy from Raleigh"

bigdrumnc

Spike
I am surprised all the jack leg framers/duck guides/guide services/blind law haters have not shown up to rebuild blinds. Farm bureau won’t cover mine!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Steelshot Scott

Four Pointer
I am surprised all the jack leg framers/duck guides/guide services/blind law haters have not shown up to rebuild blinds. Farm bureau won’t cover mine!

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying that the people who have blinds that are damaged are not repairing them?

Are you saying that people who oppose the SHL and other laws that restrict access to public water should be showing up to repair them for the owners?

No insults intended here, I am just trying to understand the meaning of your post.

Steelshot Scott

Four Pointer
OK that's sort of what I thought you were saying. I am not surprised that the people who believe the water belongs to them and tax payer money should maintain it for them, would want the same taxpayers to show up and fix their blind for them

wanchese

Ten Pointer
OK that's sort of what I thought you were saying. I am not surprised that the people who believe the water belongs to them and tax payer money should maintain it for them, would want the same taxpayers to show up and fix their blind for them
No one honestly wants you or anyone else to take care of their blinds.

Aside from the couple blinds north of the causeway, I haven't seen any that are damaged up here. I'm sure there's some gone in Hatteras but they'll be back up well before the deadline.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Aside from the couple blinds north of the causeway, I haven't seen any that are damaged up here. I'm sure there's some gone in Hatteras but they'll be back up well before the deadline.
some people don't read sarcasm / humor very well,,,,

bigdrumnc

Spike
Hahahaha! I had to ....I read this eating breakfast waiting for a few friends to show up to help fix some storm damage on my barn. The whole day we talked about rebuilding a few blinds. Most north of the inlet are fine. South of Avon is a whole different story.

Steelshot Scott

Four Pointer
some people don't read sarcasm / humor very well,,,,

Apparently some people can't read sarcasm.

My post was the epitome of sarcasm.

If you looked up sarcasm in the dictionary, it would quote my reply as an example.

I didn't think anyone actually wanted anyone else to take care of their blinds. See above reply.

I know that you don't want anyone to help you work on your blinds. Hell, you don't want us on the water, much less near your blind.

By the way, that is sarcasm too.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
tsk tsk,,,,duck hunters are so testy,,,,,

the place I mainly duck hunt we are fighting a Salvinia invasion,,,nasty stuff,,,hope it never gets here,,,

shurshot

Six Pointer
tsk tsk,,,,duck hunters are so testy,,,,,

the place I mainly duck hunt we are fighting a Salvinia invasion,,,nasty stuff,,,hope it never gets here,,,
Now that’s a real problem!! Good luck with it, there’s a really good habitat forum on another site that could probably give you some real life experience on how to battle it.