All is well so far.

Trchunting

Twelve Pointer
Many of you remember when I had posted about my health problems. My family for the last two years have really been on me because my heart failure. They would throw a fit if I went into the woods alone. I know there intensions were good but it would bring me down somewhat. My ejection fraction in my heart was below 10 and I was going to die without a transplant. I went to the doctor on Jan.29 of this year and they put me in the hospital. They installed a pump on me and told me that I could not leave the hospital till I got a transplant. So many prayers went out for me and the All Mighty God heard them. On January the 30th. My daughter and my mothers birthday, I received that heart. An hour after the surgery I was on my feet. Thank the Lord for the donor. Its been almost 5 months now and I feel great. A lot of Meds and Exercising but doing well. Im back at work and doing the best I can to get back to the old me. Please everyone consider being a donor. You could mean life or death to someone.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
When I renewed my driver license last year, I had it changed to being a donor. Had never really given it any though until seeing the difference it made for someone.

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
For the almost 30 years I lived in NC I had Donor designated on my NC Driver's License. But when I moved to VA for family reasons in 2030 I figured none of my 63 year old parts were good replacements. I am in good health, take no meds, have so-so vision in one eye due to injury when I was 13 years old.
Am I wrong about being too old as a donor?

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Great news!! God is great!! Posts like these really hit home. I wasn't a donor until 11 years ago when I got with the lady I'm with. She had a living donor kidney transplant 18 years ago and a pancreas transplant 16 years ago. You can't take anything from this world with you. You could save someone's husband, wife, or child. Sometimes multiple people can be saved or have a better life from one donor. BE SOMEONE'S MIRACLE

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
For the almost 30 years I lived in NC I had Donor designated on my NC Driver's License. But when I moved to VA for family reasons in 2030 I figured none of my 63 year old parts were good replacements. I am in good health, take no meds, have so-so vision in one eye due to injury when I was 13 years old.
No! The record is a 95 year old that gave his liver to a 60-something woman. And then things like skin, bone marrow, corneas...it isn't always something like a major organ.

Dhumpy

Four Pointer
Awesome, the medical field is an amazing thing these days. Pray that God blesses you with continuous health improvements.

Trchunting

Twelve Pointer
Yes, They can use any organ. Like skin. They use donated skin for burn patients. especially children.