All Hail The Mighty SEC

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
i would wager that the ole miss qb had some moments when it "meant " something to him as in the loss of an nfl career.
Hope he's ok.

I agree. That is a classic example at how dumb these meaningless bowl games are. QB that could have a big future gets hurt. I hate to see them sit the bowl games out because I hate quitters but I would rather them just not have bowl games unless they want to do it like d2 does. It’s lose lose for these kids in these games.

Woof woof

Kudus to your grandfathers

what were you?
From my training (what I was told) I would not be able to handle the drill sargent! I'm an ornary SOB. I got home schooled from their training though. Still got the drowning training when I was 5. Can float on my back for hours! Learned everything they taught at camp Lejeune from my Father and Grand Father.

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'll stick to my same lousy prediction I made after SEC champ game Ga wins by 10. I can't help but think Bama played their best game even over their heads against Ga and I don't think they can repeat it. I watched Fla, ARK, auburn and LSU very nearly beat Bama this year and A&M did can't get it outta my head how lousy they played coulda lost any them easy. Not saying Bama ain't good but they for sure could get beat handily if Ga D plays like usually do and don't turn the freaking ball over.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I'll stick to my same lousy prediction I made after SEC champ game Ga wins by 10. I can't help but think Bama played their best game even over their heads against Ga and I don't think they can repeat it. I watched Fla, ARK, auburn and LSU very nearly beat Bama this year and A&M did can't get it outta my head how lousy they played coulda lost any them easy. Not saying Bama ain't good but they for sure could get beat handily if Ga D plays like usually do and don't turn the freaking ball over.

I think SPUAT lost a starter or two during/since that game. But rematch win percentage is about 2/3 in SPUAT's favor.

We will see. Young can definitely be a difference maker. Bennett was able to run free against Michigan, but I don't think he'll do that against Alabama.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
That's funny especially with the true element Saban will definately have them fired up being underdog after just beating them I can hear the no respect yelling now

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
We will see. Young can definitely be a difference maker. Bennett was able to run free against Michigan, but I don't think he'll do that against Alabama.
If Ga loses he'll take pile heat because so many including me thought he outta gave Daniels his job back because the 2 main ways beat Bama is good D and you need be able throw the ball their secondary is not that good. If loses we'll all ask why didn't Kirby get his head out his arse like Saban did couple years back against him switched QB and beat Ga on last second td.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
If Ga loses he'll take pile heat because so many including me thought he outta gave Daniels his job back because the 2 main ways beat Bama is good D and you need be able throw the ball their secondary is not that good. If loses we'll all ask why didn't Kirby get his head out his arse like Saban did couple years back against him switched QB and beat Ga on last second td.

I think everyone getting on the JT bandwagon has been pretty entertaining. He’s definitely talented, but there are sooo many things that go into those decisions that even other players are unaware of.

I think Bennett is their best shot. He’s a baller, can run when needed and has thrown the deep ball fairly well this far.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I think everyone getting on the JT bandwagon has been pretty entertaining. He’s definitely talented, but there are sooo many things that go into those decisions that even other players are unaware of.

I think Bennett is their best shot. He’s a baller, can run when needed and has thrown the deep ball fairly well this far.
Not sure bout that Daniels is better passer its why he won the job outright twice over Bennett I get he is more mobile which is big advantage but 3rd play into Bama game he hot safety in chest who dropped it or he'd had 3 int in that game. He might pull it off the D might play up who knows, I'd be absolutely shocked if Bama runs away with it though. Think its gonna be good game be hard match last time they played for title but if even close I'll be happy

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Not sure bout that Daniels is better passer its why he won the job outright twice over Bennett I get he is more mobile which is big advantage but 3rd play into Bama game he hot safety in chest who dropped it or he'd had 3 int in that game. He might pull it off the D might play up who knows, I'd be absolutely shocked if Bama runs away with it though. Think its gonna be good game be hard match last time they played for title but if even close I'll be happy

Agree. With these two offenses it can be close or a blowout in either direction.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
LSU game tonight has making of mess tigers got lots people out looks like having take a receiver to play QB. but hey they didn't cancel!

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Two things I'm not inclined to do - bet against Tom Brady, and bet against Alabama.
Both those are safe choices you'd be right 100 times to 1. I don't doubt lot mine is just hoping
I've bet against Alabama in every Iron Bowl for the last 22 years, and I've been right exactly half the time.

I like Georgia in the NCG. It's tough to beat an elite team twice in the same season...

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
kansas state big favorite tonight- LSU's last game that i can really get behind them. Kelly holds no appeal for me.
You would suspect LSU plays hard for their audition for kelly and the interim coach is staying so maybe they can fool the oddsmakers.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I was not surprised Bama won the SEC championship game. But I never thought they would hang 40+ on Georgia. I ain't a betting man but if I was there are 2 things you could count on: 1. Never bet against Bill Belichick 2. NEVER bet against Saban. I think this one will be closer. In college with any close game I would go with the better QB. So my prediction is: Bama 26 Dawgs 23