Ahi Poke Plate

willb

Eight Pointer
im sorry. i love making poke just as much as the next person but i dont think i could eat brown tuna.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
im sorry. i love making poke just as much as the next person but i dont think i could eat brown tuna.

the tuna wasn't brown good sir - that is the poke marinade i used,,,,trust me, I know when fish is sushi fresh or not,,,sorry I didn't post a "pre mixing" picture of the ingredients so you didn't have to make that incorrect assumption,,,,

willb

Eight Pointer
everyone has different taste but personally i like a little citrus and sesame seed oil47634

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
the tuna wasn't brown good sir - that is the poke marinade i used,,,,trust me, I know when fish is sushi fresh or not,,,sorry I didn't post a "pre mixing" picture of the ingredients so you didn't have to make that incorrect assumption,,,,

Soy.. honey... lime juice... toasted sesame oil? 🤔

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I had some poke last night at Sandbar and Grille in Buxton.... it was good but didn’t look that good

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
i appreciate you looking after me like that.

just funning

trust me - ive seen brown tuna before,,,,pass

but then one of my survival instructors “back in the day”,,talking about “found” meat,, did say,,,,

if you can hold it in your hand you can make it edible

willb

Eight Pointer
its all good. i knew it was what ever you put on it.
i have never eaten anything other than sesame seed, oil, some sort of citrus and green onion.
there used to be a restaurant on chatham st in cary that turned me onto this 20 years ago.
the restaurant has since closed but i still base everything on what he served.
he called it tuna tataki. raw tuna, sesame seed, oil and green onion. go to another restaurant and tuna tataki is made way different.