Aging by jawbone

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Anyone got an idea what range this guy falls into? I know the jawbone aging has a wide range..

3dd146c433d23e057114c4af3da2c085.jpg

0fe794dd61ef22a9e68e915c1b5b8820.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
My initial thought was 3.5. I asked my wife to look at it and gave her an article on judging based on teeth because she has been a hygienist all her life and understands the terminology in the article. We both thought that, based on the dentin line and the flattening of the back portion of the 3rd molar that it was 3.5. On the worst side, I think we can only be off by one year on the low side. Would be a whole lot easier if we were looking at the actual teeth.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My initial thought was 3.5. I asked my wife to look at it and gave her an article on judging based on teeth because she has been a hygienist all her life and understands the terminology in the article. We both thought that, based on the dentin line and the flattening of the back portion of the 3rd molar that it was 3.5. On the worst side, I think we can only be off by one year on the low side. Would be a whole lot easier if we were looking at the actual teeth.

I did the same.. my wife is an Dental Assistant.. she thought it was funny.

I was thinking either 3.5/4.5 based on the articles I found. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Castle Oak 2

Six Pointer
Sam, you're right on the money. Last molar does not have enough wear to push it to the 4.5 age class but it's dang close.