After so many years, permission to hunt.

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is a picture of my sweet spot a small acreage that I have hunted for more than 20 years. I have taken many deer from these woods. Back there behind the doe you might notice the woods get quite thick. That is the property line. Beyond there lies a big stretch of woods that I have wanted to hunt for all of these years. I think I first asked to hunt there nearly 30 years ago and was politely turned down. Since that time the land was sold and others had access to the deer and turkeys. I met the owner last year but knowing he had his circle of friends I did not bother him about hunting figuring there was no point. Amazingly he called me on the phone recently to see if I would like to hunt that land. I would share the rights with a friend of his and the 2 of us would have access to 150 acres bordering my sweet spot. I am still in shock! This makes the second time in less than a year that someone has offered me land to hunt without my asking. I have decided that maybe it is my age.... I will soon be 67. Maybe people are thinking I wont be able to shoot anything anyway or maybe they are feeling a bit sorry for this old hunter. Whatever the reason I will gladly accept the generosity.

Attachments

• 04080066.jpg
    04080066.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 132

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Aaron, I'm finding it easier to gain permission as I age also. I'm late 60's and hunt in numerous states and Kansas has always been the toughest but on my last few trips all I had to do was stop and ask. I'm accumulating a "regular" list that I visit every year. One of the best things I've found to help is if they don't recognize me I show them last years written permission form and it's usually a slam dunk from there.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's great that you're finally getting to hunt a piece of land you've always been interested in. Good luck with it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nchunter78

Six Pointer
I hope it works out better than you have imagined! Congrats.

I have been turned down or ignored enough times, that I have found it to be great to hear of someone having success, even if it is not me. I guess it gives me hope!!!