advice

chef

Ten Pointer
I have a question on the morality and/or Godliness of getting a vasectomy.

My wife and I have 3 wonderful children. She has had two c-sections and the last pregnancy went to hospital 2 times before our son was born. Her body seems to be done with babies although we haven't been told by a doctor that she shouldn't have another. In terms of "wanting" another, we are both ready to move on from the baby stage. I am very aware this is a personal desire not necessarily a god given directive.

I was raised Catholic and obviously the C. Church says unquestionably NO. But I also do not consider myself Catholic nor do I have objections to birth control in general.

Is it ok?

My main concern is the surgery being mutilation

Leviticus 19:28
Verse Concepts
'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

Philippians 3:2

Verse Concepts
Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision;

Deuteronomy 23:1

Verse Concepts
"No one who is emasculated or has his male organ cut off shall enter the assembly of the LORD.

I understand you are not God and are not giving me validation or rejection in this matter. I am just looking for some advice.

Muzzleodor

Eight Pointer
If I was in your situation I would be more concerned for my wife's health and our future together than anything in Deutoronomy.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you are covered by the blood of Christ, then you are good to go. Old Testament laws are for reference, but we as Christians are no longer under the law.
I'm sure there will be some that think otherwise, but a surgical procedure of this kind will have absolutely no ramifications to your Christian life.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Your wife's health comes first. As for Godly things, I'd be more concerned with what the Bible says (and means) rather than ANY denominational rules. That being said, I'm pretty certain that the scriptures you listed have completely different meanings behind them and are not referring to your situation.

chef

Ten Pointer
Yeah, I was just checking. It occurred to me that it might be something that I should check into. It seems the Internet is divided into 2 camps, no way and as long as your intentions are godly it is ok

JDHowell

Ten Pointer
To my understanding the ONLY unforgivable sin is NOT accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. He forgives all other sins.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
If a vasectomy isn't forgiven then I'm in big trouble. Personally I don't believe it's a sin that you need forgiveness for. No different than any other form of birth control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chef

Ten Pointer
It isn't the "not forgiven" part. I fully understand I am good to go as far as judgement day, no matter what i do as long as i have jesus as my savior. but, that doesn't mean "free to sin" or "free to do as I please". it is quite the contrary. i want to walk with Him and do as He has taught us. so, i wanted to make sure it wasn't a hard no before doing it. it seems that it isn't the case. this board as well as a couple internet blogs on Mosaic law and applications since the resurrection of Jesus, have really put my mind at ease. that is what i prayed for and got.

thanks everyone.