Adult Resident Lifetime Sportsman License

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Tucked in the Appropriation Act of 2014 (Edition 4 of S744) is a change to age eligibility.

"This license shall be issued only to an individual resident of the State who is 12 years of age or older but younger than 70 years of age."

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
wonder why the change.. both of my sons got theirs when they were born... and who brought up the change and at what meeting was it brought up... Haven't read from any of the minutes from the town hall meetings where that was discussed!

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Its all about the $$$$$$$. Both my kids got their lifetime license at birth for $100 ea. I guess the change just bypasses all the purchase for low price at birth issues.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
pAGE 8 KEEPS IT.
Lifetime CRFLs. – Except as provided in sub-subdivision j. of this 17 subdivision, CRFLs issued under this subdivision are valid for the lifetime of 18 the licensee. 19
a.-d. Repealed by Session Laws 2005-455, s. 1.4, effective January 1, 20 2007. 21
e. Infant Lifetime CRFL. – $100.00. This license shall be issued only to 22 an individual younger than one year of age. 23
f. Youth Lifetime CRFL. – $150.00. This license shall be issued only to 24 an individual who is one year of age or older but younger than 12 25 years of age.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So, what actually is the change? They still offer the infant (under one year old) and the youth (from one to twelve years old), correct? A youth would not need Adult Lifetime license anyway. Above the age of 70 is a much cheaper license. Looks to me that only the wording has been changed a bit.

Last edited:

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Folks, be grateful. I did the math the other day and according to a standard formula used for computing initial deposits when looking for a specific rate of return, our lifetime license is about half of what it should be.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
It's currently 65 years old for the $15 lifetime. I think. I bought dad his a couple years ago and he is 68.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That is correct; the current upper age is 65 and apparently will be changing to 70. Any other changes I'm not seeing?

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I sure appeciate all those elected official looking out for us OF's. We ought to pull a Cantor on them.

bubba2009

Twelve Pointer
That is correct; the current upper age is 65 and apparently will be changing to 70. Any other changes I'm not seeing?

heard something about a grandfather clause that you can still get it at 65 just what read somewhere on here if not iam a year short of the 65 cutoff :(

big bore bob

Eight Pointer
Yep, you will have to pay to get your big game tags when the old ones expire.
$2 I think, but multiply that by all the big game licenses and you can see why they are doing stuff like this.
And raising the age for the reduced rate lifetime license from age 65 to 70 is easy to see the logic behind that. They are just kicking the financial can down the road for five years on that one. That gives us old toots another five years to pay full price, =$$$ to NCWRC.
I's all about the money.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns

Okay, I stand corrected. I never had kids to buy licenses for so I was unaware that there was a separate infant lifetime license. When I saw the language for 12 years of age added, I thought people were going to have to wait until 12 years to buy a lifetime license.

So where's my humble pie?

Last edited: