Adios Coach Mo

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
a win by ecu would be so entertaining for unc-ch... fans.
well of course but really if you don't have a dog in the fight, a win gives ecu a great start to next year, creates chaos in the rivalry, confuses the best team in the state argument and oh the joy it would spark here.:LOL:

What's not to like? It doesn't hurt state to lose in the grand scheme it's just a payday for all.

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hope ECU can win . State College blew their season with the Wake Forest debacle.
ECU gonna need a miracle though.......... but all the pressure is on Ncstate.

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
a win by ecu would be so entertaining for unc-ch... fans.
Greg,
Tarheel fans only care about Assketball.
Very few fans care about the football program anymore. UNC has become another UCONN. Just another ASSketball school.

Crappie_Hunter

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Looks like ECU still in the running for Houston after Charlotte withdrew their offer. I think if ECU's athletic department was stable it would be a good job... but we'll see what he does... If ECU offers him a big amount it will be hard to say no!

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
so Is luke correct? Poor scotty destined to fail?
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article222385120.html

he seems to be thinking like dcbigdaddy. Lotsa other issues in Greenville.
But all can be forgotten for awhile if they win tomorrow. :)

Go Pirates!
Mo did walk into a very hostile situation. Probably more than half the fan base was pissed at Compher for firing Ruff. And Compher’s comments about Ruff’s performances only added fuel to the fires. Everything Mo did or didn’t do was scrutinized and compared to Ruff and complained about since results didn’t meet expectations.

I’ve never really been a fan of Mo as a head coach, but I do realize he walked into a hornets nest of a situation. If Compher had given Ruff another year, and he under performed, the new guy would have had a clean slate with the fans.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Jeff Gravely of WRAL said it best Friday night on Pirate radio. ECU is in a tough conference now with all the other schools spending more on their football programs except UCONN. He said ECU has got to come up with the money to be competitive or they will not survive in the American Conference. I hope this new coach can win but he is gonna have a hard time. ECU is years away from what NCstate should have done this year.
ECU did whip up on UNC good if that counts for anything.

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
he will.
Great hire, winning in front of a full stadium heading back to Greenville!
Jug better get those tickets while you can.
Done with those season tickets. We will go to at least 2 ECU games and if NC state has a night game then we will probably go.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Jeff Gravely of WRAL said it best Friday night on Pirate radio. ECU is in a tough conference now with all the other schools spending more on their football programs except UCONN. He said ECU has got to come up with the money to be competitive or they will not survive in the American Conference. I hope this new coach can win but he is gonna have a hard time. ECU is years away from what NCstate should have done this year.
ECU did whip up on UNC good if that counts for anything.
yeah years away, maybe two. houston is good.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
yeah years away, maybe two. houston is good.
Funny you say that. I work for one of the top ECU donors . I mentioned to him last Tuesday when was ECU gonna get a new coach.
He told me just be patient .... they will get ECU back on track.
Montgomery was gone on Thursday.;)

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah. New A.D.
And new coach.
My wife might make it to 3 or 4 games if ECU can win a few. She is all excited about the new coach and A.D.