Ace Speedway is Racing

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Surprised no one has mentioned this with all that is going. Apparently lots of folks are tired of being shut ins. Not sure how accurate the numbers are but it sure looks like a pretty good crowd anyway.

Ace 2020 Opening Night

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Surprised no one has mentioned this with all that is going. Apparently lots of folks are tired of being shut ins. Not sure how accurate the numbers are but it sure looks like a pretty good crowd anyway.

Ace 2020 Opening Night
and coop is pissed:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Just goes to show you Cooper doesn't give a crap about the people or his policy, only the optics which shapes the politics. If he truly gave a crap about the welfare of the people, his office would have responded with a NO, or at the very least some suggestions. Would have been easy to do.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
They didn't check all the boxes at the speedway on race night, although they might have before the race. I am interested in seeing what happens tonight. And 311 is gonna try tonight as well, and the owner has been spouting off about his rights. The sheriff said we aren't going unless someone calls. Wanna bet the phone will ring?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I grew up very close to ACE Speedway and have many fond memories. My girlfriends dad car got intentionally wrecked there one night. The Driver of the other car lost several teeth that night in the infield.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Racing tonight. No wait, rescheduled for tomorrow. Said because of the rain forecast? Perhaps because of the letter the governor sent specifically to them and the Alamance County sheriff. Let's see where this goes.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Racing tonight. No wait, rescheduled for tomorrow. Said because of the rain forecast? Perhaps because of the letter the governor sent specifically to them and the Alamance County sheriff. Let's see where this goes.

Doubt the Alamance Co Sherriff Listens to the Governor. He does what he see fit for the county. I also know Robert Turner. he used to be one heck of a driver. He was the driver for my girlfreinds dad's race car.

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Saw on the news where they were racing without fans, but a bunch of protesters showed up at the track. Seems they were hungry and tired because they bought food and sat down in the grandstands. Genius!!!!!

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Saw on the news where they were racing without fans, but a bunch of protesters showed up at the track. Seems they were hungry and tired because they bought food and sat down in the grandstands. Genius!!!!!
That genius sounded good, but will cost them eventually. Can't keep rubbing the gov's nose in it.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Breaking News on WRAL
- State orders Alamance speedway to close, calling it an 'imminent hazard' to spread coronavirus — State health officials have ordered Ace Speedway in Alamance County to close, saying the track's defiance of limits on mass gatherings during the pandemic make it an "imminent hazard" for spreading coronavirus. The Alamance County sheriff has refused to cite the speedway for violating state restrictions, saying it is unfairly being singled out.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Breaking News on WRAL
- State orders Alamance speedway to close, calling it an 'imminent hazard' to spread coronavirus — State health officials have ordered Ace Speedway in Alamance County to close, saying the track's defiance of limits on mass gatherings during the pandemic make it an "imminent hazard" for spreading coronavirus. The Alamance County sheriff has refused to cite the speedway for violating state restrictions, saying it is unfairly being singled out.
Hopefully the lawsuit will be filed by end of the day.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Breaking News on WRAL

One has to wonder about why the protests, looting, burning of cities in our fair state weren't shutdown for the same reason !!!??????

Oh yeah, I forgot. Those things served that dirty bag of water we have for a governor's political agenda.... Deplorable me !

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah. Cause that makes TOTAL SENSE.
Not like NCHP don't really have more pressing things to do these days. :rolleyes:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
If I’m ACE speedway, I’m hoping the protestors won’t come right before the no fans allowed race and burn up and break up the pallets and old tires we left in the infield. I’m sure Pooper with tell LEO’s to stand down if protestors are setting stuff on fire and tearing $hit up.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I wish 2000 people would show up and dare Pooper’s Brownshirts to try and stop it. And just whose jail will they put them? The Sheriff that says he’s not playing Poop’s game?

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
If I'm ACE speedway, I'm going to have the fans/protestors wear blackout themed clothing similar to football game theatrics. Call the race, racing to abolish racism. Pooper would never shut that down...

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Yep ... they just need to play their cards right and frame it in the protest / riot theme and they'll be good.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hope they sue, take it as far as necessary and beat the wheels off coop.... wishful thinking on my part probably, but I can hope, right?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Just call it a protest....
Can't help if a race breaks out!

This fool could not run anything worth a crap.
A mule has more common sense than him.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Can't get them if there is a 'goodwill donation' in a collection plate after walking through the gates to protest.