Accidental Bass

thandy

Ten Pointer
My parents go to Lake Jordan camping/fishing several time each year. They have a couple friends that go with them. They normally crappie fish at night but we set some jugs and other stuff as well. One of the buddies was trying to catch some carp but ended up catching the below bass... 9lbs 8oz!

bass.jpg

thandy

Ten Pointer
After 6 nights of coolers like that the freezer is full and I can already smell the oil heating up!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Looks tasty break out the beans and slaw have a good old fish fry. I'm curious to add to what the bass hit

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i dont want to highjack the thread but it is jordan and it is bass and it is a very unique bait. :) and turkeyfoot mentioned beans.

the first fall that jordan was open was just unbelievable in terms of the bass caught and they were not all babies either,

at that time the dam wasnt blocked off so we were fishing the rip rap and the in take extension.
folks were on the dam face fishing from the bank. (I dont think you should try this todaypost 9-11 )
two of them were catching bass two at a time on saltwater bottom rigs. (i told you it was easy.)

when we got close i just had to ask what they were baiting up with.

So help me they were using butterbeans for bait, never heard of it before or since used for bass; but saw it that day.

i would be disappointed if our resident fishing experts do not cry BS. I would if you posted it. LOL

Sorry thandy for messing with your thread, i couldnt resist.

thandy

Ten Pointer
Well its wasn't butterbeans but I don't doubt you! The biggest bass i ever caught was off a chicken liver.

He likes to fish in the carp tournaments so I was some mixture of corn, flour, "secret stuff", and some sort of flavoring.