Accessible pond from Salisbury

Sugar2019

Button Buck
Hey I don’t know if I can do this but I am new to the area and would love to find somebody with a pond and area to train a pup on, of course when it warms up but I am just reaching out. I don’t like foreign waters for such a small pup for obvious reasons.

hoyt85

Six Pointer
As far as I know they do or they at least they used to. I used to go up there with a buddy of mine to work his dog. However, that could have changed I suppose.

Quite a few public boat ramps in the area that you could look into as well.

Einstein

Six Pointer
Hey I don’t know if I can do this but I am new to the area and would love to find somebody with a pond and area to train a pup on, of course when it warms up but I am just reaching out. I don’t like foreign waters for such a small pup for obvious reasons.

This your first dog you are going to train?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avery Creek

Twelve Pointer
Parks and places like that you might get away with it for awhile, but typically some “do-gooder”’will have a fit and call authorities and you’ll be told you cannot let the dog off leash.

Training ponds are hard to come by because private ponds people worry about liability. We just lost a great piece of water to train in because of this. Land owner passed away and the family member that now owns the land told me not to come back because of liability. I’ve been training on the place for years.

Contact Backwoods Hunting Retriever Club or Yadkin Retriever Club, get involved and meet people local to you.

Knock on every door that has decent water on the property; worst they can say is no.

Sugar2019

Button Buck
Parks and places like that you might get away with it for awhile, but typically some “do-gooder”’will have a fit and call authorities and you’ll be told you cannot let the dog off leash.

Training ponds are hard to come by because private ponds people worry about liability. We just lost a great piece of water to train in because of this. Land owner passed away and the family member that now owns the land told me not to come back because of liability. I’ve been training on the place for years.

Contact Backwoods Hunting Retriever Club or Yadkin Retriever Club, get involved and meet people local to you.

Knock on every door that has decent water on the property; worst they can say is no.
Where is the yadkin river club?