ACC Football

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Clemson got beat in the trenches too but I do not like a 6 win team getting in the playoffs.
Fresh legs is one reason Ohio state won, bama should win but we will see. #79 I think was his # (left Tackle) was getting beat bad. I kept telling my wife they needed to roll Trevor to the right and they did on a few plays but 79 got man handled.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Hate to see Clemson get rolled but happy for Greenville NC native Cornell Powell. He had a great season and showed well during their final game. He’ll be playing in the Senior Bowl in a few weeks. Hoping to see him make it to the next level.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Clemson got beat in the trenches too but I do not like a 6 win team getting in the playoffs.
Fresh legs is one reason Ohio state won, bama should win but we will see. #79 I think was his # (left Tackle) was getting beat bad. I kept telling my wife they needed to roll Trevor to the right and they did on a few plays but 79 got man handled.

Not really sure but he may have been a fill-in for a starter. They've had multiple injuries on the O-line this year with several games missed.
Still, that didn't make the DB's get torched the way they did in the secondary.
The worst beating I've seen Clemson take in several years.

Lawrence has 2 more years of eligibility.... Oh, how I hope he stays in school !

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It was bs because we all hate the targeting call in general. At least if you’re a real man you hate the rule. But based on the rule that is in place he lead with his helmet and the correct call was made. And the fumble call went the right way. The ball was loose before Trevor was close to being down. Then he reached over and touched the ball with one hand while laying flat on his back. That does not mean he has possession and he had no control of the ball. That was a killer. If they had any shot that blew it.

and I was responding to what spoonriver said.....and they weren’t in a&m’s class before their sellout players decided to quit and sit the game out. But I’m not going to rehash unc football......I’ve been right about them all year. They’re not that good.

I didn’t see it, but I don’t hate the targeting calls.

That :donk:donk:donk:donk has nothing to do with football.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I didn’t see it, but I don’t hate the targeting calls.

That :donk:donk:donk:donk has nothing to do with football.

It wasn't helmet to helmet. Skalski did lower his head to try and hit Fields with his right shoulder pad at the waist. Fields spun and his right hip/lower ribs got drilled with Skalski's helmet.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It wasn't helmet to helmet. Skalski did lower his head to try and hit Fields with his right shoulder pad at the waist. Fields spun and his right hip/lower ribs got drilled with Skalski's helmet.

We can likely agree that it’s called more times than it should be.I hope we can agree that the guys trying to hurt people should be banned from the game.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
The top teams in the nation played yesterday ,,,and tonight [emoji28]. Two of the best will play for natty and I hate it’s not an ACC team. Ohio State is loaded and has been for years. They along with the other blue bloods have been in the top 10 ish in recruiting for years. A part of me doesn’t think it’s fair for them to have been in the mix, being they only played 6 games. But without a doubt they have the players and staff to compete with the best of the best. Clemson was dang good this year and had a tremendous amount of momentum leading into that game. What the buckeyes did last night was no easy task. They better rest up as they are about to face one of the best teams Bama’ has ever fielded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Whatever happened to putting a hat on the ball? Guess you can't even teach that anymore without getting called for targeting.
It's almost like hit 'em in the legs, or stand there and get trucked and try to drag them down as they lower their head and ram into you ???
A player can hardly ever guess exactly which way another player is going to juke, jump, duck, spin, dive or twist.
Alot of times a defensive player just tries to lead with shoulder pads and arms. Yeah, the helmet is attached in between.
I'm not talking about the blatant head hits across the middle in the secondary.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I am not a big fan of targeting calls. I guess I get the rule when it comes to some of the head hunting on a defenseless player, but I hate the type of call that was made on that play. Big game, a player running hard on a play, catches a helmet to the ribs from another player trying to stop the play. I'm sorry, but that's football.

I disagree with DB. He must not have played much football. I wanted to hurt somebody every time they had the ball in their hands. Cheap shots should be penalized, blowing up a man running the ball down the field should not.

I'm also worried this might encourage more people to lay on the field to see if they can get a "booth initiated review" in the future.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I've only seen 2 "booth initiated replays" this year. One to give AL back the ball after QB throws interception in the end zone, and an automatic first down, and DQ'ed the other team's linebacker.
And the one last night.
Both sucked, IMO.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Ol dabo had been little talkative about Ohio st shouldn't have been eligible I'm guessing that was it and while I agree with Dabo it looks bad after that beating little crow eating time

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
It doesn't have be helmet to helmet if crown lowered its targeting most us old time fans hate it but its a rule and he plainly hit him with crown made no difference in outcome Ohio st had nearly 400 yards in 1st half it was their nigjt notjing was gonna change it just way sports go sometimes

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Back in the few years I played the fooseball, I remember drills for tackling. Mainly get low, square up, head up, nut up.

I don’t remember having time to think about any of that in the games themselves. Worked better in open field situations not that I saw a lot of those. Other than kickoff and kickoff return, I lived in the kitchen. Tight end to tackle and d-end to d-end on the other side. Never played center but played enough nose guard to understand his concept too. I did have a few short distance plays where I was moved to middle linebacker and also a little full back on the same type of play,

I still don’t remembe having time to worry about when or how to tackle. Just see the ball, stick em. Couldn’t always tell who had the ball. Sometimes if he was running like he had the ball they got it. I think it’s a bit deferent for corners and safeties and maybe linebackers at times, but not on the line.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Ol dabo had been little talkative about Ohio st shouldn't have been eligible I'm guessing that was it and while I agree with Dabo it looks bad after that beating little crow eating time
I think he did his ranking paper and the AP saw it.... from there it was just drama, drama, drama, and they just ran with it. Especially since they no longer report Covid stuff after the election. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
That game is prime reason I don't bet sports I'd lost my shirt. I've watched most games played by both teams and woulda swore Clemson win by at least 9. Ohio st hasn't looked good this year and at times pitiful not sure where that performance came from but I sure hated see it no team I despise more than them I hope Bama beats breaks off them

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I think he did his ranking paper and the AP saw it.... from there it was just drama, drama, drama, and they just ran with it. Especially since they no longer report Covid stuff after the election. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Like I told my buddy who is huge tigers fan the way their secondary is its blessing to not play Bama their deep ball game is second to none this year Devonta woulda ran plum wild. And your gonna be surprised at Clemson number 2 QB he will do very well

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Like I told my buddy who is huge tigers fan the way their secondary is its blessing to not play Bama their deep ball game is second to none this year Devonta woulda ran plum wild. And your gonna be surprised at Clemson number 2 QB he will do very well

We'll just have to disagree on the #2 QB. I just think he's a bust. Panics, won't pull the ball and run on read-option, inaccurate on passes.
Time will tell how it works out.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
We'll just have to disagree on the #2 QB. I just think he's a bust. Panics, won't pull the ball and run on read-option, inaccurate on passes.
Time will tell how it works out.
We're talking about a kid with one start that's normal let me know this time next year I'll still say you'll be surprised Clemson has quality coaches to coach him up

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
I think State should beat the 4 win lower SEC team. Nobody picked em on the pre game show though.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Comes down to the Heels to save some face for the ACC.

Heels two stud running backs, their best WR and their All American LB all opted to sit out.

Pretty sure #5 Tx A&M has a few NFL prospects. Guess what....none of the Aggies opted to squat.

Should be a beat down by A&M. Prepare for the “our best players didn’t play” excuses from your favorite Heels fans.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
I think State should beat the 4 win lower SEC team. Nobody picked em on the pre game show though.

....and they weren't favored by Vegas either.

Kentucky's record was very misconceiving as they played a 10 game SEC slate that included Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. All top 10 teams at the end of the regular season.

Every ACC school not named Notre Dame and Clemson would of had similar records against that SEC gauntlet.

The area of concern for State with all the starters out on D actually didn't play so bad. The offense, QB play, and kicking game was horrendous which was disappointing.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Kentucky’s passing game was one of the worst in the nation, maybe dead last. I just wish none of the Heels had opted out, maybe would give them a better chance. Our best players are not even playing.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Heels two stud running backs, their best WR and their All American LB all opted to sit out.

Pretty sure #5 Tx A&M has a few NFL prospects. Guess what....none of the Aggies opted to squat.

Should be a beat down by A&M. Prepare for the “our best players didn’t play” excuses from your favorite Heels fans.

looking like a big fat goose egg for post season in the ACC.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I just wish none of the Heels had opted out, maybe would give them a better chance. Our best players are not even playing.

There’s no “I” in “team” but there is an “m”
and an “e”. Selfish. Me before team as usual with the Heels. Best bowl they’ve probably ever participated in and they squat.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like those Iowa State uniforms. It’s just to bad there isn’t one school color represented in them?!?!