ACC Football

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
They gonna have decide pretty soon its almost august. Even if They start it'll be mess as soon as cases pop up games will get cancelled. I'm hoping for best but I just can't see it being much of season

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
They gonna have decide pretty soon its almost august. Even if They start it'll be mess as soon as cases pop up games will get cancelled. I'm hoping for best but I just can't see it being much of season

Most sources are pointing to a 10+1 season for the SEC, ACC, Big 10 meaning 10 conference game plus 1 OOC. At this point, with the NCAA giving the go ahead, the conferences negotiating deals, schools already practicing, it's almost certain there is going to be a season. Coincide that with the latest news of a pretty significant downward spike in positive cases and deaths. Will it be delayed? Most likely. Will fans be reduced? Certainly. Will the season be condensed? Probably. Will football be played? It appears that way.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Then you'll have a nice debate with some conf only playing in conf games who is gonna make playoffs long way yet if we even get there but gonna be mess this fall. I hate see lot smaller conf not playing at all I enjoy those gamesveach year for me its not all about the big 5

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Personally, I think they should cancel it all.
If people aren't allowed to open their businesses, why is a game so important ?
You're gonna say $$$. I say, what about the same $$$ people have lost in their own businesses that they have their entire lives wrapped up in.

No sports are more important than the general public.

And I absolutely LOVE watching my CLEMSON TIGERS beat the snot out of every team in the ACC, every year. But, they're not more important than the citizens of the U.S...... Ever.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Then you'll have a nice debate with some conf only playing in conf games who is gonna make playoffs long way yet if we even get there but gonna be mess this fall. I hate see lot smaller conf not playing at all I enjoy those gamesveach year for me its not all about the big 5

I agree. Those debates are essentially what we've always had. 4 spots with 5 power conferences and it's still better than the BCS days. We'll never get rid of those debates as a whole.

I do think the smaller FBS teams will still play but many of the FCS schools have already cancelled. I also noticed that the USA South conference here in NC has announced they are moving to spring football.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

I agree but these decisions are being made for a future date. Football is still over a month from being played. I would hope nearly all businesses will be open by then as well. Maybe that's a pipe dream.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Guys, please understand... I love College football.

I just don't see sports of any kind being more important than blue collar folks making a living.

Open everything. Or, Close everything non-essential. Simple as that.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Guys, please understand... I love College football.

I just don't see sports of any kind being more important than blue collar folks making a living.

Open everything. Or, Close everything non-essential. Simple as that.
True its a game but its also a business and not just to school but puts lot cash flowing into economy. There is no more reason to be against playing ball than opening up a gym or any other business. No reason to restrict any more we can get back to some type norm the better

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Personally, I think they should cancel it all.
You're gonna say $$$. I say, what about the same $$$ people have lost in their own businesses that they have their entire lives wrapped up in.

No sports are more important than the general public.

And I absolutely LOVE watching my CLEMSON TIGERS beat the snot out of every team in the ACC, every year. But, they're not more important than the citizens of the U.S...... Ever.

While I understand this sentiment, I can't agree with it. I think we are seeing that the virus is not nearly as deadly as we were initially led to believe. So we need to start moving back to a true normal. We need to start pushing back against the perpetual fear mongering the left and the media are throwing at us. At this point, having football will provide something normal for people to hold onto, and it will represent a start of things going back to how they aught to be.

As for the safety aspect...require masks if it makes people feel better. Encourage the groups who are at risk to stay home. If you have to, reduce by a quarter or even half, the number of fans in attendance. Of course this would only reduce the Hurricane and Seminole fans in attendance by about 200.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
While I understand this sentiment, I can't agree with it. I think we are seeing that the virus is not nearly as deadly as we were initially led to believe. So we need to start moving back to a true normal. We need to start pushing back against the perpetual fear mongering the left and the media are throwing at us. At this point, having football will provide something normal for people to hold onto, and it will represent a start of things going back to how they aught to be.

As for the safety aspect...require masks if it makes people feel better. Encourage the groups who are at risk to stay home. If you have to, reduce by a quarter or even half, the number of fans in attendance. Of course this would only reduce the Hurricane and Seminole fans in attendance by about 200.

Tip,

I couldn't agree more. I think we should open everything back up. Nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head to force them to go to a gym, store, or ballgame. If one wants to self isolate, do so.
But, let people open their businesses back up if we're gonna have sports going on.
And, churches !

Not arguing with you. Just clarifying my point.
Reopen businesses.
Restart the economy.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It’s only karma that if UNC gets to wipe away the worst basketball season in history, they shouldn’t also get to play with arguably one of their best football teams

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I agree but these decisions are being made for a future date. Football is still over a month from being played. I would hope nearly all businesses will be open by then as well. Maybe that's a pipe dream.
Most all businesses are open now. There are a few exceptions of course, some gyms still closed as an example but outside of that pretty much everything is open or can be. Some restrictions in place (which I agree are BS) but very few places that cannot be open at all.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Most all businesses are open now. There are a few exceptions of course, some gyms still closed as an example but outside of that pretty much everything is open or can be. Some restrictions in place (which I agree are BS) but very few places that cannot be open at all.

That's understood, I think the original statement was referring to everything being open with no restrictions. I could be wrong though.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I hope they can play. Our local little league teams have had cases and have had to cancel games etc. I expect there will be some serious volatility in players and coaches being available for games. Injuries are normally bad enough, but what if the virus goes thru the QB room and the OC? What a crap show that would be. LOL...

Anyone that gambles on these games is crazy.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Now add ND is eligible for champ game and no conf divisions so play on and top 2 teams get in I like it. Now who wants Clemson? I'm really hopeful they get all games in for crappy deal could turn out all right

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Now add ND is eligible for champ game and no conf divisions so play on and top 2 teams get in I like it. Now who wants Clemson? I'm really hopeful they get all games in for crappy deal could turn out all right
who wants Clemson? I know some teams that want Clemson, according to the phil steeles of the world.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns

Are you asking who wants Clemson over Notre Dame ?

If so, "I'm you're huckleberry". :ROFLMAO:

I'll take Clemson over Notre Dame in a game, season record, and ranking at the end of season. (y)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
who wants Clemson? I know some teams that want Clemson, according to the phil steeles of the world.
I was jokingly referring to who wants to play them in champ gave as I believe they are lock to be in it if and huge IF they ever reach that point. Best betting action for this season isn't on games but how many games get played.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I was jokingly referring to who wants to play them in champ gave as I believe they are lock to be in it if and huge IF they ever reach that point. Best betting action for this season isn't on games but how many games get played.

Hey buddy. I was joking too. Clemson is my team but I am not gonna take things too serious. No use in it. It was all in fun.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
IF the ACC goes ahead with football, Sept 12 is opening day

Assuming everything goes as planned -- and there's still no guarantee that will happen -- coach Dave Doeren's team will kick off 2020 against Virginia Tech on Saturday, Sept. 12.
The Wolfpack will play its home opener a week later against Wake Forest on Sept. 19.
The schedule also includes a Friday night home game, against Miami on Nov. 6. State has also retained its previously scheduled date against Liberty as its one nonconference game.
Instead of finishing the season with its traditional rivalry game against North Carolina, State will now renew its rivalry with the Tar Heels on Oct. 24. The final game is now against Georgia Tech.
There are two open dates, Sept. 26 and Oct. 31 that can also be used to reschedule games, if necessary.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Here's who and when the Wolfpack will play:

Sept. 12 at Virginia Tech
Sept. 19 vs. Wake Forest
Sept. 26 OPEN
Oct. 3 at Pittsburgh
Oct. 10 at Virginia
Oct. 17 vs. Duke
Oct. 24 at UNC
Oct. 31 OPEN
Nov. 6 vs. Miami (Friday night)
Nov. 14 vs. Florida State
Nov. 21 vs. Liberty
Nov. 28 at Syracuse
Dec. 5 vs. Georgia Tech

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
What will they do when Pooper moves phase 2 into October? Still haven’t figured out how no outdoor gathering of more than 25 allows college football practice? Or even a football game? Practice in groups no bigger than 25? Ok. But a game will have 300 people easy.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wake Forest ran scared and canceled the App game.. but still keeps ODU on the schedule.. Caroline did not want any either when they were trying to fill a spot.. they decided on Charlotte..

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wake Forest ran scared and canceled the App game.. but still keeps ODU on the schedule.. Caroline did not want any either when they were trying to fill a spot.. they decided on Charlotte..

Nothing to gain and plenty to lose in playing app state. Beating them isnt enough recognition to move the needle when compared to the impact of losing that game. I say this with respect to App State, great program, but I can’t blame anyone for purposely dodging them. It’s risk/reward, with no reward.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing to gain and plenty to lose in playing app state. Beating them isnt enough recognition to move the needle when compared to the impact of losing that game. I say this with respect to App State, great program, but I can’t blame anyone for purposely dodging them. It’s risk/reward, with no reward.

Why schedule them at all? Had to be some value in there somewhere? Or did the legislature force them to play App too?

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Why schedule them at all? Had to be some value in there somewhere? Or did the legislature force them to play App too?
and why add two more games to the series if that is the case.. they dodged them this year specifically because they new they were out gunned. Heck with a limited crowd and in Winston they should have had an advantage.. they are used to playing to an empty stadium ;)