ACC Football

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Well most ever one figured Bama win Is forgone conclusion id like see Cincy make game of it not sure how they stop running game of bama or score much but we shall see.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I thought Cincy represented themselves very well. A great season and yes, I believe they deserved to be there.
I agree I'm sure many thought total blowout but there secondary was good just no way they could score much which was expected heck they did better than Irish and couple more in their attempts

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Same ol same ol…semifinal curb stomps…all this talk of expanding the playoffs.

Why?

It’s pretty dang obvious they can’t even find 4 teams that are good enough to be there, year in and year out.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Same ol same ol…semifinal curb stomps…all this talk of expanding the playoffs.

Why?

It’s pretty dang obvious they can’t even find 4 teams that are good enough to be there, year in and year out.
I said the same thing a while back. Why force us to watch more blowouts just to get to the same results.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
order restored- non majors cant handle the sec- big bad10 cant either. Good day of football for me.

How many points will wake forest score NEXT year? LOL Whole team returning, they'll be the only acc team to give ncsu a challenge next year.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
oh i can asnwer that- someone makes a s...load of money with an increased field.
Will they though? If they go to 8 teams and Alabama ends up playing a 2-3 loss team and the whole country knows it will be a blowout, will it generate a lot of revenue, or will it cause more players to opt out?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Will they though? If they go to 8 teams and Alabama ends up playing a 2-3 loss team and the whole country knows it will be a blowout, will it generate a lot of revenue, or will it cause more players to opt out?
just think ncaa basketball- we'll watch anything related to a NC playoff- generating money for tv and ncaa. and there would be just enough upsets to make it viable and remember a ton of cash these days is in the support of the gambling industry- they prop up anything that brings in gambling revenue.
Enhanced playoff fields certainly will do that.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
The thing about the playoff expansion is it would allow a team who gets hot after a rough start to still have a chance butch like the ncaa tournament. There have been a lot of years when a team got hit down the stretch and made a final 4 run.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The thing about the playoff expansion is it would allow a team who gets hot after a rough start to still have a chance butch like the ncaa tournament. There have been a lot of years when a team got hit down the stretch and made a final 4 run.
Good point, NC State '83 for example.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Good point, NC State '83 for example.

Exactly what I was thinking of…..UConn the year they had kemba. There are tons of examples in college basketball which is what makes the tournament the best post season format of any sport and what keeps college footballs postseason as boring as ever. 25 meaningless games, and then 3 meaningful games that tend to be blowouts.

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I can't argue on the blowouts and expansion but one reason I'd like see it is fact that say Bama who we all think is top 4 team if woulda lost to Ga would have missed playoffs then could had possible Cincy vs Ga champ game which woulda sucked I want a competitive final. So expansion would allow for a good team to slip up even playing in tough conf and still get in as is you have be nearly perfect.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Now they got 2 that won ntnl champs as head coach on staff Clemson and rest better just give it up😉. Toss in that recruiting as well they gotta be better right?

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Toss in that recruiting as well they gotta be better right?
It would seem so, but you have to toss that QB situation into the pot and stir. A lot of hard core fans think Sam's three years were wasted on poor defense and lack of imagination on offense.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Am I the only one that remembers how bad our defense was under chizik the first time?????? It’s never recovered since then either.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Just because you do something often does not mean you are good at it. Like Mack, he had championship history but also had been out of coaching a long time. A lot of UNC fans are happy now, and I'm pleased for them.

None of them are as happy as they were 3 years ago lol

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

Well it’s bad enough that we have the jack ass as a coach…..worse that he is making more than a penny a year……but to give him an extension and 1.5 million more per year? Are you kidding me? That generally only happens after a coach makes a program a national contender. Not for coaches that can’t hardly have a .500 season in the weakest division in all of power 5 conference college football. Talk about making my stomach turn.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Well it’s bad enough that we have the jack ass as a coach…..worse that he is making more than a penny a year……but to give him an extension and 1.5 million more per year? Are you kidding me? That generally only happens after a coach makes a program a national contender. Not for coaches that can’t hardly have a .500 season in the weakest division in all of power 5 conference college football. Talk about making my stomach turn.
Wow, this is hard to believe. It certifies that UNC (the institution, not the fanbase) truly does not care about about winning and is perfectly satisfied with below average results. The other ACC teams must be celebrating this decision.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
mack lands a top ten recruiting class- gives hope where there is none without him. A savior of football in CH.
Now HITH he beats wake, state or asu is a mystery. :)

Last edited:

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
mack lands a top ten recruiting class- gives hope where there is none without him. A savior of football in CH.
Has the hype started, already, for UNC in 2022? I'm being serious.

You do know what the definition of insanity is.......right? Hell, I think it finally got the best of most UNC fans in this forum. Did Mack finally ruin Alt?

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

Have you looked at their schedule for next year? It has to be the weakest schedule in the conference and they’ll still probably go .500 with their “back to back top 10 recruiting class”

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Have you looked at their schedule for next year? It has to be the weakest schedule in the conference and they’ll still probably go .500 with their “back to back top 10 recruiting class”

i wish you were right- after last year's bad luck they need a break. I see loaded powerhouses ncsu nd, wake and pitt, miami on their schedule. Not to mention road trips into boone and GA state. No rest for poor Mack. Needed that raise to see him thru.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
i wish you were right- after last year's bad luck they need a break. I see loaded powerhouses ncsu nd, wake and pitt, miami on their schedule. Not to mention road trips into boone and GA state. No rest for poor Mack. Needed that raise to see him thru.

😂😂😂😂😂 Georgia st and Florida A&M are the only winnable games on our schedule. App st will probably spank us like always. At least we don’t have to worry about ecu, that would mean we would lose to every single school in the state in one season.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
😂😂😂😂😂 Georgia st and Florida A&M are the only winnable games on our schedule. App st will probably spank us like always. At least we don’t have to worry about ecu, that would mean we would lose to every single school in the state in one season.
GA state is tough. No idea why mack would agree to go down there?