Old Mossy Horns
Covid has now robbed NC State Athletics of:

A chance at a 10 win season in Football

A National Championship in Baseball

A NCAA Tournament in Men's Basketball

When does it end?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I can not FATHOM the disappointment NC State, but probably both teams are dealing with right now. State's been out there almost a week? On the precipice of an historical win count, weeks of practice and work, only to never know :mad:

Having said that, Not sure what else could be done? Do we ask kids to play offense and possibly defense? What if some tried and collapsed on the field (worst case scenario)?

Most of these poor kids aren't even old enough to hit the gas lamp district and tear it up (like I did once ;) ).

And by this late stage, how many fans, players' relatives, etc have made the trip only to have the game called hours before kickoff?!!?!?!?

Again, it's not fair to UCLA to field a team who can't meet minimum requirements. But I'm guessing there was no quarantining going on if the outbreak occurred this late?

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Covid has now robbed NC State Athletics of:

A chance at a 10 win season in Football

A National Championship in Baseball

A NCAA Tournament in Men's Basketball

When does it end?
Better the Covid what ifs than the assured heartbreak on the field… I mean, this IS State we’re talking about🤷‍♂️

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I was looking forward to watching as I'll miss most rest ones due to work but like I said in other thread raising bunch pansies the new way to do things heck we have already been for years teaching them to let up or you'll get one them stupid targeting calls that are severely overused.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I can not FATHOM the disappointment NC State, but probably both teams are dealing with right now. State's been out there almost a week? On the precipice of an historical win count, weeks of practice and work, only to never know :mad:

Having said that, Not sure what else could be done? Do we ask kids to play offense and possibly defense? What if some tried and collapsed on the field (worst case scenario)?

Most of these poor kids aren't even old enough to hit the gas lamp district and tear it up (like I did once ;) ).

And by this late stage, how many fans, players' relatives, etc have made the trip only to have the game called hours before kickoff?!!?!?!?

Again, it's not fair to UCLA to field a team who can't meet minimum requirements. But I'm guessing there was no quarantining going on if the outbreak occurred this late?
Rumor has it the football team was at SeaWorld yesterday. That sounds responsible.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
How about treating this variant like the flu it is and just play the damn game.
I liked your comment. And, I agree it's how it should be done.

But, all it would take is one player's Karen mother........if her baby contracted the virus, after the game. I don't think she'd win her case, but they'd still spend a crap=ton of money litigating it.

We are a nation of pussies.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
How about treating this variant like the flu it is and just play the damn game.

The irony is that his exact thing has happened pretty much every non-COVID season since forever.

how many times have we heard about player X getting fluids and playing?

I played a number of sports sick. I remember thinking I was going to pass out at a track meet from a fever one time.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I stated before that UNC had a lot to lose in this game, and they did, embarrassed by USC, going from preseason #10 to a losing record. Fans are hot over on Tar Hell Blitz, bewildered by the coaching staff and begging for changes. It does seem to be a shame what is going on over there.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I was hoping TN would win, but after that messed up, no tackle play, Purdue about deserves to get the win.

Kind'a confused about that call of no TD by TN in overtime. Ball crossed the plane, then whistle blew. Said his forward momentum stopped. 🤷‍♂️
Was TN playing AL ???? 🤣

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
Kind'a confused about that call of no TD by TN in overtime. Ball crossed the plane, then whistle blew. Said his forward momentum stopped. 🤷‍♂️
Was TN playing AL ???? 🤣
I don't mind free baseball, but really hate to see free college football. The zebras catch a lot of flack about making calls one way, but there were several in the fourth quarter on that were questionable. Heck of a game otherwise. That call really didn't look right and the review said it was confirmed.....

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Once again…..I told y’all so. Pathetic ending to a pathetic season. But……”y’all just wait til next year” 😂😂😂

@oldest school how much bad luck does it take to get beat down by sakerlina??? lol
See post 1742. Everybody except oddsmakers knew the deal. Sec>acc top to bottom

I didn’t see a down of the event there were better activities to be had 😊

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Tennessee/Purdue game was the worst officiated game I've ever watched. When the announcers start making comments like, "not much contact there" and "I don't see that one" then you know the officiating is bad. Plus, the "injuries" by Purdue defensive players to slow down the TN offense should have been dealt with. When a player doesn't get up, clock is stopped, and then gets up and walks off with a smile on their face it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on. Who knows if the overtime td would have given TN the win but there is no doubt that it was a td. If that's the best the ACC can provide with an officiating crew then it's no wonder ACC teams look confused on the field. Both teams played well enough to win and both teams deserved better officiating than that awful display of incompetence.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Tennessee/Purdue game was the worst officiated game I've ever watched. When the announcers start making comments like, "not much contact there" and "I don't see that one" then you know the officiating is bad. Plus, the "injuries" by Purdue defensive players to slow down the TN offense should have been dealt with. When a player doesn't get up, clock is stopped, and then gets up and walks off with a smile on their face it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on. Who knows if the overtime td would have given TN the win but there is no doubt that it was a td. If that's the best the ACC can provide with an officiating crew then it's no wonder ACC teams look confused on the field. Both teams played well enough to win and both teams deserved better officiating than that awful display of incompetence.
I have been saying for years that the ACC has the worst football officials out there. You will not see very many ACC games that the officials don't blow an important call in. I did not have a dog in this fight but the officiating, as usual for an ACC crew, was awful.