ACC Football

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Mack saved unc football.
Shows you how far they had fell

PS. what in the hell is asu doing tonight
Here I sit with them needing to just win not cover and they are laying an egg
I hope they can come back but its not looking good rd game is tough this is pretty decent team they playing Tues night games are weird to start with. Need turnover and momentum shift

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Evidently you have a hard time reading what I said. they are 2-4 yes but easily could be 4-2. they are loaded with talent whether you like them or not. are they great ? no. but they will pull off a few upsets this year.......are they pathetic ? no ..pathetic would be 0-6. are they terrible sometimes? yes.

I never said they were going to bowl or were awesome, great etc. B
By the way they are not my team.
All Florida st needs is confidence and they MAY have that now.....nothing more nothing less.
I wish UNC was better I'd pull for em against most just because local but its just way it is. Midway through season you can see what team is made of and Fla st lost those games fair and square with all the talent that runs through Fla its unexcusable to be as bad as they are they are pretty much doormat game anymore and change coaches with wind this fella has no chance being there long term they've only had one 1st rd draft pick in 3 or 4 years now I'm just not seeing loaded talent and I've watched 3 their games their play looks poor and undiciplined to me I've seen their corners get smoked and so so many arm tackles

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Florida State has a locker room full of studs. If they ever pull it together, they can beat anybody. That includes the SEC. that team is stacked. Florida State may be he only team in college football that has played more disappointingly than Chapel Hill.
we are talking about a team that has only had one 1st rd puck in 3 years I'm just not sure what to say of you think they can beat BAMA or Ga . Ga has given up 2 touchdowns in 6 games Fla st likely wouldn't score a field goal and Bama running game would demoralize their poorly disciplined arm tackling D by end 1st quarter it wouldn't even be a fair contest. A team loaded with talent gets ranked by now not beaten by a mediocre FCS team. I do believe lot their issue is coaching and if coached better would be better and have at least 1 more win but they got issues in recruiting they just not putting out NFL talent in a very rich football state. I haven't looked it up but I'd bet money gators are putting out twice draft picks as state

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I wish UNC was better I'd pull for em against most just because local but its just way it is. Midway through season you can see what team is made of and Fla st lost those games fair and square with all the talent that runs through Fla its unexcusable to be as bad as they are they are pretty much doormat game anymore and change coaches with wind this fella has no chance being there long term they've only had one 1st rd draft pick in 3 or 4 years now I'm just not seeing loaded talent and I've watched 3 their games their play looks poor and undiciplined to me I've seen their corners get smoked and so so many arm tackles
yes they are horrible at times but on a given day Fl st can beat anyone. and yes they can be beat by anyone on a given day.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
PS. what in the hell is asu doing tonight
Toting an ass whipping.. Worst I have seen them look in a decade but all credit to LaLa.. they came to play.

We got out coached and out played at pretty much every position on the field. Not sure if they were looking ahead or what but they got punched in the mouth.. now we see what they are made of.

Would not want to be at practice this week.. beach chickens in town for another mid week game next week.. this TV schedule crap with half the games in the middle of the week can't be helping any but they decided to dance with that devil.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Here's a quote from a pre-season edition (August) of Sporting News, after the headline claimed Mack's results have been "outstanding" during his second tour at UNC...

Brown enters his 33rd season as a head coach in 2021, the third year of a second stop with the Tar Heels. North Carolina brings a top-10 ranking, a first-round quarterback and the expectation to challenge for an ACC championship into 2021.
Exactly my point
What were the expectations when he came back?
With Mack hope springs eternal
The Texas a&m bowl game fooled folks into thinking they could play without the nfl Players. So far this year they can’t

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Exactly my point
What were the expectations when he came back?
Well different for different folks some on here were thinking flirting with playoffs I think. Me my self I said from day one he is past his prime any season they are above .500 I consider good year for them and a 2 loss season a fan should feel great. If they were ever gonna Winn ACC this year was it Dabo will right that ship for years to come missed opportunity for sure

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Tip....I forgot to copy your post. Sorry.

I'm talking about Mack - the coach.......and the people (EVERYWHERE.....with the cited article as an example) who tout this kind of hype.

Can't point that out? If so, thanks for letting me know.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Tip....I forgot to copy your post. Sorry.

I'm talking about Mack - the coach.......and the people (EVERYWHERE.....with the cited article as an example) who tout this kind of hype.

Can't point that out? If so, thanks for letting me know.
No worries. I just wasn't sure if you had been here since we changed it to a no smack talk subforum.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
If we use syracuse as a barometer it looks like wake is just about as good as Clemson?
Big game for State today at BC. State favored by three pts.
Gonna be interesting in Kentucky today. We will see if they are pretenders or contenders when GA arrives.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
If we use syracuse as a barometer it looks like wake is just about as good as Clemson?
Big game for State today at BC. State favored by three pts.
Gonna be interesting in Kentucky today. We will see if they are pretenders or contenders when GA arrives.
Ga will already be there home game and Ky will be in some deep trouble with that Ga D but that QB and running game has still gotta prove itself to win title. I'd pick NC state to lose but BC starting QB is out so go pack. Wake gotta have their fun they could very well go on 4 game losing streak real soon I don't see any way they don't lose at least 3 out 4 once their real sched starts

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Ga will already be there home game and Ky will be in some deep trouble with that Ga D but that QB and running game has still gotta prove itself to win title. I'd pick NC state to lose but BC starting QB is out so go pack. Wake gotta have their fun they could very well go on 4 game losing streak real soon I don't see any way they don't lose at least 3 out 4 once their real sched starts
clemson sucks compared to the past. I have no clue about BC but could see wake getting thru the rest of the year with only 1 loss. state or clemson not both.
We'll see. :)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
clemson sucks compared to the past. I have no clue about BC but could see wake getting thru the rest of the year with only 1 loss. state or clemson not both.
We'll see. :)
My mind just keeps seeing Wake as Arkansas undefeated got ranked up bit then hit meat their sched and now on 3 game losing streak. If Wake doesn't lose 3 those 4 I'll be very impressed with them

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Probably so but 1 quarter in and I'm impressed by their effort. I don't doubt ga will wear them down as game goes on that D is superb

I agree.
I have absolutely no dislike for Kentucky. Kind'a happy for their program there.
I just don't think they have anything for the 'Dawgs.... especially "between the hedges".

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Kentucky proved they can't do jack unless they are at home.
UNC still sucks and has no defense even though they got a lucky win.