ACC Football

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Life ain’t fair...💩happens, and the beat goes on. The cream will still rise, it always does.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Exactly. Which is why the NCAA shouldn't have granted an extra year.

Shoulda met in the middle. Instead of granting it to everyone it should have been a games played minimum. If you played 5 games or less, you could have gotten an extra year.

In the same instance that you're talking about, I would feel for the guy whose career ended on 3 games if they didn't grant another year.

It's obviously not a OSFA situation.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
it's a cluster- letting players opt out for fear of covid really soiled the waters.
i see both sides and not sure what is best.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
ND got 6 drafted. Imagine if they didn’t have to play ACC schedule. Probably would have got 8-9.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Here is where one can make some coin IF they truly know more than preseason experts.
The betting line for over and under by team for 2021
you should be able to play this in Cherokee now.

I am not a betting man but could’ve made a killing over the years betting “under” on unc football. Carolina is listed as a 10 win team. Under any circumstance with any other “9th ranked team” I would say that a 10 win season would be a give me with such a weak schedule…….BUT this is Carolina. I think the only way this team gets 10 wins is with if they get to the acc championship game and if they make it to a bowl game and win. If ever there was a chance to prove that Carolina football isn’t a joke this is the year. We have “the best qb in the country”…..and supposedly a “highly recruited defensive class” and “the goat” as a coach. I wish I could be excited. I think their season could go as the first game against va tech goes. We’ll see. I am going to say it’s gonna be a 9 win season but could be worse.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I am not a betting man but could’ve made a killing over the years betting “under” on unc football. Carolina is listed as a 10 win team. Under any circumstance with any other “9th ranked team” I would say that a 10 win season would be a give me with such a weak schedule…….BUT this is Carolina. I think the only way this team gets 10 wins is with if they get to the acc championship game and if they make it to a bowl game and win. If ever there was a chance to prove that Carolina football isn’t a joke this is the year. We have “the best qb in the country”…..and supposedly a “highly recruited defensive class” and “the goat” as a coach. I wish I could be excited. I think their season could go as the first game against va tech goes. We’ll see. I am going to say it’s gonna be a 9 win season but could be worse.
has unc ever won in blacksburg?
national game, full capacity, everybody in gobbler nation pissed at the world.
Gonna be a long night for one team.
@alt1001 any idea here?
Betting minds may want to know. Line is 5.5 unc favorite.
I agree @Duckmauler dhc : the season is on the line in the first game for unc.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
@alt1001 any idea here?

Anything short of one loss through the regular season is failure for UNC. I do agree the opener is a huge game for them.

The big story will be how well their secondary comes together. They had several secondary starters opt out last season and Tony Grimes was 17 years old and basically a high school junior. If that secondary takes the leap it should, UNC will be hell to handle.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
They were not a Joke last year....the ones who dont like UNC will say otherwise but Texas A&M would have totted a butt whooping if the 2 running backs and 2 other starters had not set out. The Football gurus know that.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
@alt1001 any idea here?
yes they have... I was there at the game in Blacksburg 6? years ago when they won. It was Beamers last home Game and he took a L

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Y'all giving Va tech to much way to much credit based on the beamer days they are a program on the downhill slide if UNC can't handle them easily it'll be another disappointmet of a year starting from game one. UNC has cupcake schedule as far as major college goes NOTRE dame lost Qb as well as most of their strogest asset tjeor O line they shouldn't be ranked in top 10 that's ridiculous. UNC has one tough game Miami and that is if their QB progresses like people think he will. If they are anywhere near as good as people think they should coast into ACC championship game and receive their butt kicking from Clemson.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
@alt1001 any idea here?
They have won twice in Blacksburg, back in 2009 and as Mack said 6 years ago. The 2009 game was vacated though due to the scandal.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
UNC should handle any in state competition easily. Gonna be fun to watch the Pack ruin their season.

UNC even made their own trap game with Wofford.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This sports season is all about watching K lose his last home game in Cameron. Ok, back to football.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
CBS disagrees.

CBS had them at #6 early last season, only to see them get swept by UNC and miss the tournament. On their way to two early exits for the NBA to go un-drafted and their most talented player transfer.

Duke will be mediocre, at best.