ACC Football

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
That helmet off rule is stupid. Veritably could have cost State the game.
Oh. I'm burned and the guy is gonna score. Let me dive at him and knock my helmet off. Play's dead right there according to what they said about the rule. Just junk.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I'm not really a fan of blaming the helmet deal. It's hard to claim that a technicality cost us the game when you're talking about one play, which was an unforced error to start with.

How about jumping offsides on the field goal attempt? We made a good stand, held them to three, but a dumb penalty added four more points because they scored on the next play.

Carter had two big drops that ended drives. We left receivers wide open all night. They converted a 3rd and 16 late in the game.

State had a lot of chances to win that game, and gave them all away. We should never be counting on recovering muffed punts to win ballgames.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not really a fan of blaming the helmet deal. It's hard to claim that a technicality cost us the game when you're talking about one play, which was an unforced error to start with.

How about jumping offsides on the field goal attempt? We made a good stand, held them to three, but a dumb penalty added four more points because they scored on the next play.

Carter had two big drops that ended drives. We left receivers wide open all night. They converted a 3rd and 16 late in the game.

State had a lot of chances to win that game, and gave them all away. We should never be counting on recovering muffed punts to win ballgames.

In the first half the Miami QB tried to stop a throwing motion, lost the ball, and state recovered. He was in the tackle box and the ball didn’t cross the line of scrimmage. The play was ruled an incompletion.

Why wasn’t it ruled either a fumble or grounding? Was a back blocking and presumably targeted with the pass?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
In the first half the Miami QB tried to stop a throwing motion, lost the ball, and state recovered. He was in the tackle box and the ball didn’t cross the line of scrimmage. The play was ruled an incompletion.

Why wasn’t it ruled either a fumble or grounding? Was a back blocking and presumably targeted with the pass?
Its called home cookin.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
And would ANYONE still like to argue the fact that D.J. Ungelelei is worth a damn at the college level? He just ain't got it. I mean a shovel-pass straight to the defenseman ???
C'mon maaaaaan. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

And so, my beloved Tigers lose again.
To Pitt. 🤬

Its bad Jim, real bad
DJ has the slowest foot work of any Div. 1 QB

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The saving grace for Clemson is.........they should be able to go out and get one of the 2-3 top QB prospects in the country, now. They should have done that, last year. They picked the wrong horse(s).

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
All they need to do is wait a few months and Dildo Dan Mullen will run off Anthony Richardson.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Its bad Jim, real bad
DJ has the slowest foot work of any Div. 1 QB

Something isn’t right and it can’t be that DJ isn't capable. I assume he’s seeing the rush. If so, they should go live with him in practice until he figures it out.

I knew punter that would’ve been a millionaire if he could punt in games like he did in practice.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
That helmet off rule is stupid. Veritably could have cost State the game.
Oh. I'm burned and the guy is gonna score. Let me dive at him and knock my helmet off. Play's dead right there according to what they said about the rule. Just junk.

my complaint about the helmet rule and other offsetting penalties with personal fouls is what impact they had on the play.

There were 2 blocks in the back on the play - advantage Miami.

There was a guy the recovered a fumble with no helmet on - advantage no one.

Replay the down - advantage Miami.

Neither of those calls changed the nature of the play, so they should give the ball to NCSU, decline the block in the back AND apply the personal foul penalty and play ball.

IMO personal fouls should always be counted, otherwise, what’s the point?

shotgunner

Ten Pointer

This right here. Agree 100%. I went to bed at halftime. My best friend called me Sunday and was talking about everything you stated above. After the Clemson game I felt like "Clemson lost the game, State did not win it". We depend on other teams to "lose". Been a long time, maybe Russell Wilson days, since we could consistently go out and WIN a ball game. I guess as a State fan I am just "used to it now". Oh well at least the rut seems to be heating up.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
This right here. Agree 100%. I went to bed at halftime. My best friend called me Sunday and was talking about everything you stated above. After the Clemson game I felt like "Clemson lost the game, State did not win it". We depend on other teams to "lose". Been a long time, maybe Russell Wilson days, since we could consistently go out and WIN a ball game. I guess as a State fan I am just "used to it now". Oh well at least the rut seems to be heating up.

I'm not trying to start an argument. Simply discussing.
The call on the field was first and goal NC State on the helmet play. At the time, State had some momentum. Moving the ball was very possible. Their running game was working. Would have easily scored there, IMO.
They lost by less than a touchdown. Not looking for the other team to lose the game.
It came down to a reversal on a fluke rule enforcement for the other team to win.

And.... one of their receivers should'a been tossed for throwing a punch(not called) on the ensuing couple of plays. Where was the review team on that one ???

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
exactly that's why they invented dvrs.
I can't watch a state game in real time anyway- it's always something crazy costing them wins.
The rut is a fine excuse to avoid the agony.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I can't stand Finebaum. No other team exists in his mind except Alabama. They're the only team that is ever supposed to win. Completely biased opinion on everything....
" You know why hot coffee with biscuits and homemade sausage gravy tastes so good?... University of Alabama."------Paul Finebaum. :rolleyes::rolleyes:🤣🤣🤣

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
wake favored big over duke- 16.5 pts.
State favored by 7 over lville. Wake only beat lville by three and virginia beat them by 1. Both those teams have pretty good qbs. They may be tough on state's qb.
between wake and state maybe we can get a NC team in the championship game.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I'm expecting mass resignations and instant retirements from yall after saturday.
Unc is only getting 4 pts at ND.
You all say reapeatedly how useless UNC is so here you go- a nice retirement package from vegas.
Closeout that 401 and roll on this. biden's gonna blow that money for you anyway. LOL
You can thank me Sunday. :)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm expecting mass resignations and instant retirements from yall after saturday.
Unc is only getting 4 pts at ND.
You all say reapeatedly how useless UNC is so here you go- a nice retirement package from vegas.
Closeout that 401 and roll on this. biden's gonna blow that money for you anyway. LOL
You can thank me Sunday. :)
ND has had real good year I hate their coach something awful so it really pains me to say he has dine great job with what they lost. Saying that I believe UNC will outscore them in end because ND despite that record ain't very good lit of it is just luck that teams on their sched really sucked this year

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I can't stand Finebaum. No other team exists in his mind except Alabama. They're the only team that is ever supposed to win. Completely biased opinion on everything....
" You know why hot coffee with biscuits and homemade sausage gravy tastes so good?... University of Alabama."------Paul Finebaum. :rolleyes::rolleyes:🤣🤣🤣

I had never listened to him until he showed up on the SEC Network Saturday pregame show.

The reason he is all SPUAT all the time is those are the people that listen to his show. He’s a UT grad, but he’s in the entertainment business and his audience is entertained by SPUAT football.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
wake favored big over duke- 16.5 pts.
State favored by 7 over lville. Wake only beat lville by three and virginia beat them by 1. Both those teams have pretty good qbs. They may be tough on state's qb.
between wake and state maybe we can get a NC team in the championship game.

I’m holding out hope for State but they aren’t making it easy. If not them, I’m definitely on the Wake bandwagon.