ACC Football

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Clemson might as well consider this season a throw away. They better be rebuilding for next year. No O line. No RB. Weak receivers.
And a useless QB. I said last year the QB was a bust in the loss vs Notre Dame. He has proved it this year. They better be getting a replacement.
Might be State and Wake in the ACC championship game.
it’s like the Notre dame scenario it can’t happen.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Clemson's last 4 recruiting classes are ranked #7, 10 ,3, 5. There should be no rebuilding.

I'm not trying to argue with you but.... on the football field they look bad. Well, the offense looks like crap. Defense is pretty strong... maybe top 5 in the country.
Offense ? Maybe 35th in the country.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Clemson might as well consider this season a throw away. They better be rebuilding for next year. No O line. No RB. Weak receivers.
And a useless QB. I said last year the QB was a bust in the loss vs Notre Dame. He has proved it this year. They better be getting a replacement.
With all that I still say they win ACC champ game and I'm not kidding they beat Pitt I'd bet a shot of Woodford Reserve on it. I got see them lose it before I can believe it

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
With all that I still say they win ACC champ game and I'm not kidding they beat Pitt I'd bet a shot of Woodford Reserve on it. I got see them lose it before I can believe it
Ok.
They just don't look like a team that can win any kind of accolades. Tgey truly don't deserve tgem. I love the Tigers but they look bad. Need a lot of work.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not trying to argue with you but.... on the football field they look bad. Well, the offense looks like crap. Defense is pretty strong... maybe top 5 in the country.
Offense ? Maybe 35th in the country.
I don't disagree with any of that. I'm just saying they are loaded with talent so rebuilding should not be taking place.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
I think Pitt wins. Clemson was fortunate to get past BC & Syracuse. I would give Wake the edge over Clemson right now. Not sure where that game is played.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I thought they went back to division winners for the championship game this year?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Ok.
They just don't look like a team that can win any kind of accolades. Tgey truly don't deserve tgem. I love the Tigers but they look bad. Need a lot of work.
I agree I just gotta see somebody take it from them which they very well may do I just gotta see another ACC team step up and do it before I believe it

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I think Pitt wins. Clemson was fortunate to get past BC & Syracuse. I would give Wake the edge over Clemson right now. Not sure where that game is played.
Pitt sure has the prime chance and to give them another conf loss and state will have tiebreaker on that side would likely assure Pitt to not have face them a second time in champ game. But I still gotta see it I just hand zero no faith in Wake or state not tossing it away

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
I thought they went back to division winners for the championship game this year?
It is. Pitt probably has coastal wrapped up. State, Wake & Clemson all have a shot at Atlantic. But college football happens which makes it the greatest sport on the planet.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Pitt sure has the prime chance and to give them another conf loss and state will have tiebreaker on that side would likely assure Pitt to not have face them a second time in champ game. But I still gotta see it I just hand zero no faith in Wake or state not tossing it away
well State has about 3 decades of tossing away championship opportunities in major sports so that's almost a given.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
miami doesnt even have a home field advantage so i dont get the small spread placed on state -3.
must be emotions of protecting diaz's job?
State cant waste that clemson win by laying an egg this week.
I think history has a lot to do with it. The Wolfpack have not proven they can put together a string of big wins. Every game the rest of the way is huge for us. I said it earlier: best case scenario 9-3, a 8-4 finish would not be too bad. Anything else (barring major injuries) would be a disappointment at this point.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
While sipping coffee earlier this morning, I held a moment of prayer for all of our brethren who happen to be fans of that gaudy orange team from Tennessee. Bless their hearts today as they travel down to Tuscaloosa. No love lost between those 2 SEC foes.

Aside from my personal interest in Wake vs. Army, today’s slate of college football games seem pretty mundane to me. I think I’ll take off this afternoon/evening and try to dispatch a white tailed mammal of the cervid family.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not ACC but...... anybody catch that awesome, fantastic, superlative 9 OT game ???
I did. Many of those 3 yd. play calls were poorly imagined by the Illinois OC, and/or were very slow developing running plays. They gained about 400 on the ground in the game, but abandoned what worked well for the OT. But they won anyway.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
And would ANYONE still like to argue the fact that D.J. Ungelelei is worth a damn at the college level? He just ain't got it. I mean a shovel-pass straight to the defenseman ???
C'mon maaaaaan. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

And so, my beloved Tigers lose again.
To Pitt. 🤬

23mako

Ten Pointer
Don’t know that is a choke. Devin Carter had 2 big dropped passes with the last one likely losing the game. Gave up some big plays on defense. Don’t know why we rush 3 so often…

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
If y’all didn’t already know state was going to lose today you haven’t be a fan long. Any time we move up in the rankings we are guaranteed to play terrible. Combine that with a back up QB that needs a break out game and and leave it to State to hand out career games. The game was over before kickoff.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Just a horrible loss for state. I hate it for them. Still not out of the acc title race though. They need wake to lose 1 game plus lose to state. Glad to see Oklahoma st get beat and now they’re probably out. Penn st is definitely out. Just need Michigan st, Michigan and Ohio st to weed each other out now. I have a feeling that Ohio st is probably going to run the table the rest of the way now though the way they’re playing. Oklahoma came within a hair of being knocked out today. Their time is coming though. Cincy did not play well either. Another week goes by and I’m not impressed with anyone other than Georgia and bama.