ACC Football

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
State has played tough for the first half of the season. Unfortunately the only way they will climb much at all is to run scores up.

foxworthy definitely got the NCSU quote of the year.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Great day for state fans. Great win for them. Must be nice to have something to be excited about.

And Kentucky got a good dose of reality today. I still don’t know if this is finally going to be Georgia’s year but it’s the best team they’ve had in a long time. If this isn’t their year with so many powerhouse teams being down then it will likely never happen. Still gonna have to deal with alabama though probably. Alabama looked more like themselves today.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
The only dreams Florida has are of Dorky Dan and Fat Todd Grantham being shown the door. LSU led them another step down that road today. UGA will do even more next week.

I thought Florida looked strong earlier in the season. They are just up against better teams. Their defense seems to tackle strong. Their secondary loses guys in coverage.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Iowa was never gonna go undefeated they just can't score they got lucky with Penn st knocking QB out. Unfortunately Ohio St. Is an improving team and has best shot to win that conf but Lord knows they'll lay an egg at anytime so we can still hope

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Nc state was impressive even though didn't expect much from BC without starting QB it was a rd conf game and last time they were on rd In Miss they got handled so good for them they control their own destiny from here on out

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Kentucky played good ball for awhile. They just got steamrolled down the stretch.
Ky actually did play very well for a half but as expected Ga just to talented and just freaking big and athletic. That backup played much better for Ga in their last big game he only threw for 70ish yards tjey still need starter back before SEC champ game. Bama has a big problem in that O line if they can't block Ga front 7 it won't even be close

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
State will/should be ranked in the top 15 next week. A lot if the teams between them and 15 got beat. While they dominated a 4-1 team.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The ACC is a very very weak football conference INCLUDING Clemson

compared to what?
The SEC looks dominating as usual, but all the rest kinda look weak.

Clemson is not weak. They are struggling but not weak.

I believe the ACC as a conference is seeing effects of COVID more so than other conferences. I mean a couple years of practices that weren’t full strength. Entirely too much talent in the conference. Clemson, UNC, FSU, and Miami are loaded up with talent. Why they can’t put it together and win is beyond me.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
yes ACC is in very down year will take miracle for them get team in playoffs Clemson is in rebuild so its up for grabs on who wants a championship only question is will any one step up I bet not and Clemson still wins it

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Cincy is one in drivers seat as far as playoffs its 100% in their control now all they gotta do is win out they couldn't cheer any louder with that Iowa loss

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m impressed with NC State thus far. Everyone seemed to think Miss State game was a bad loss. Now looking at it doesn’t seem so bad. Miss State beat Texas A&M. Texas A&M beat Alabama. That’s definitely not an across the board comparison, but it does show that Miss State is pretty decent. Given...Alabama took them to the shed this weekend.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
State is the best team in the acc this year.
Ranked 18 with a bullet this week.
Should run the table FTROTY. Own the tiebreaker with clemson should they slip, no one from the other division can beat them in the acc championship.
Only hitch is pesky wake- they have ruined past seasons for state.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
As a state alumni and fan the best I can see us doing is 9-3. Playing 2 weeks in a row in Florida, no matter how bad they are, will probably equal at least 1 loss. Then playing Wake and UNC the last 2 weeks will probably equal another loss. So 9-3 would be an absolutely great season for us. Not saying I think we will do that good but that is the best possible "realistic" scenario I see.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Im really looking forward to the ncsu - wake game. I think both will lose 1 or two games down the stretch but they can both beat any other team in the conference if they show up.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
Me personally, I'm hoping Wake Forest's horseshoe doesn't lose its luster, but if I were a betting man I'd bet its worn off the 1st 2 weeks in November. Wake has to get by Army this next weekend which is no given, and I firmly believe they will take care of Dook which brings us to...
November 6th @UNC. The Heels are such an enigma, but something tells me they upend Wake at Kenan.

Next on my watchlist is what is going to happen in the Big10...I have no dog in the fight, and I am anybody but Ohio St from that conference, so it will be interesting to see where the dominoes fall.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
and I am anybody but Ohio St from that conference, so it will be interesting to see where the dominoes fall.
And their loss was early in the season, which voters tend to minimize if there are other teams whose 1 loss comes later in the year.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
its gonna be osu from the ten if there is any way possible to justify. Too much political and economic reasons to keep them out.
Meanwhile MSU is undefeated and not even being discussed.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
its gonna be osu from the ten if there is any way possible to justify. Too much political and economic reasons to keep them out.
Good reason I do believe no one thinks that OSU won't mop floor with them at least 17 point win would be my low side guess. OSU has improved lot can't see anyone taking conf from them. They've had lots scrimmage games since that Oregon game

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Don't discount either of the Michigans. Especially U of M.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Don't discount either of the Michigans. Especially U of M.
I will Ohio st beats them easily by double digits we gotta wait till end Nov but I can assure you Mich is not as good as ranked they have like Ky, ARK, Wake been benefits of easy early schedules but their time is coming as couple those teams already found out. Only way I'm cinvinced Mich doesn't get whipped is I gotta see it with my own eyes I've watched them twice just can't see that team keeping it single digits against Ohio st. They might end season with only 2 losses which is an improvement though.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Pitt and Clemson game gonna be interesting I was thinking this is preview of ACC champ game but Clemson has to win and I believe state has another loss in them and wake likely has 3 losses ahead we shall see

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Clemson might as well consider this season a throw away. They better be rebuilding for next year. No O line. No RB. Weak receivers.
And a useless QB. I said last year the QB was a bust in the loss vs Notre Dame. He has proved it this year. They better be getting a replacement.
Might be State and Wake in the ACC championship game.