ACC Football

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I predict CHU will have a lackluster year and somehow manage to hang 50-60 on the Wolfpack.

they will brag about it and treat it like a Super Bowl.....even though they don’t see it that way when the shoe is on the other foot.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Clemson has a top 5 defense in country and they have bigger problem than the QB its the O line till that's fixed they'll win games but no realistic shot in playoffs. Clemson ain't only upper level team with major flaws Ohio st and Oklahoma have big issues this is gonna be a interesting year with playoffs may be no undefeated teams except Bama but I believe they'll drop 1 game somewhere. If any one was ever gonna challenge Clemson for ACC this woulda been the year and Notre Dame ain't the team to do it they got more holes than fish net. Surely this ain't gonna be a Oregon year.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
My wife’s alma mater Auburn is ranked. But Bo Nix is like clemsons QB……a serious work in progress.

After this loss, Auburn may not be ranked anymore.
To your credit though, I did overlook them in the schedule.

I truly appreciate you being courteous in pointing that out. (y)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
UNC has No Defense. Who the hell ranked these clowns
Well somebody gotta be ranked😁 I think overall college is in for bit of down year not much for real dominant teams even Bama has some holes. I could be wrong often am but I still think UNC has good chance to face Clemson in Charlotte come Nov. I think ND who is bout ready to lose 2 straight will lose to UNC and it'll decide it their D is bout as bad as heels and their O isn't near as good esp that line They just list to much they suck

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Going back to an earlier page about who would beat Clemson for the ACC Championship... well Notre Dame sticks out in my mind.
Clemson is not that good anymore. Like I said last year, this new QB Ungeleilei is awful. I don't know WHAT he does well but, he hasn't showed it on the field. Besides, Clemson has to make it to the ACC championship game.
They could easily lose 3 games this season, IMO.

And if any of ya'll don't know, I am a Clemson fan. Have been since the Danny Ford days.
well we dont have to worry about notre dame winning an acc football championship. they arent eligible this year.they have a covid avenue last year.
State sticks out in my mind for keeping clemson from being in the acc championship game. But state does have some key injuries.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
UNC has No Defense. Who the hell ranked these clowns
jug- you gotta get a new deal- it's too easy just to slam nc college teams every week.
it's like sayin "Damn the sun came up this morning-" LOL.
I predict CHU will have a lackluster year and somehow manage to hang 50-60 on the Wolfpack.

they will brag about it and treat it like a Super Bowl.....even though they don’t see it that way when the shoe is on the other foot.
it's been two coaches ago since unc football coaches tried to ignore the state game as a rivalry game.
They realize that most years it's gonna be both teams super bowl.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
well we dont have to worry about notre dame winning an acc football championship. they arent eligible this year.they have a covid avenue last year.
State sticks out in my mind for keeping clemson from being in the acc championship game. But state does have some key injuries.

Didn't know that. Actually, haven't heard anything about a "Covid Avenue".
My beloved Tigers look very bad this year. We had a good run.... I just hope we turn it around faster than the amount of years it took us last time.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Didn't know that. Actually, haven't heard anything about a "Covid Avenue".
My beloved Tigers look very bad this year. We had a good run.... I just hope we turn it around faster than the amount of years it took us last time.
The acc set up a special plan last year due to covid scheduling issues. ND is not in either the coastal or atlantic divisions.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
jug- you gotta get a new deal- it's too easy just to slam nc college teams every week.
it's like sayin "Damn the sun came up this morning-" LOL.

it's been two coaches ago since unc football coaches tried to ignore the state game as a rivalry game.
They realize that most years it's gonna be both teams super bowl.

Super bowl? I’ve always called it the toilet bowl 😂

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Well somebody gotta be ranked😁 I think overall college is in for bit of down year not much for real dominant teams even Bama has some holes. I could be wrong often am but I still think UNC has good chance to face Clemson in Charlotte come Nov. I think ND who is bout ready to lose 2 straight will lose to UNC and it'll decide it their D is bout as bad as heels and their O isn't near as good esp that line They just list to much they suck

The one kink in bamas defense was exposed a little yesterday. They had difficult with their dline stopping the run. They probably won’t be an issue though with anyone else on their schedule until they play Georgia(or Florida again) in the sec championship game. The thing about bama is they just absolutely wear you down. Every set of downs they go to 3rd down and 5 or so and convert every single time. Those long drives just kill the opposing defense.

And I think nc state has a chance to be a real thorn for Clemson but inevitably I think Clemson wins. I look forward to it though.

As for unc. They several problematic games the rest of the way. Next week being one of them. They have sucked in Atlanta for decades. I don’t expect that to change next week with how well Georgia techs defense has played. Same howell does nothing against any team with a decent defense. I expect that to be a real struggle. It will be a matter of if unc’s defense can keep gt’s at a low enough score to win. And we’ll have to see what happens with personnel by then but Carolina will have serious trouble with notre dame and wake forest. Y’all just remember these things and write them down 😉

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
The one kink in bamas defense was exposed a little yesterday. They had difficult with their dline stopping the run. They probably won’t be an issue though with anyone else on their schedule until they play Georgia(or Florida again) in the sec championship game. The thing about bama is they just absolutely wear you down. Every set of downs they go to 3rd down and 5 or so and convert every single time. Those long drives just kill the opposing defense.

And I think nc state has a chance to be a real thorn for Clemson but inevitably I think Clemson wins. I look forward to it though.

As for unc. They several problematic games the rest of the way. Next week being one of them. They have sucked in Atlanta for decades. I don’t expect that to change next week with how well Georgia techs defense has played. Same howell does nothing against any team with a decent defense. I expect that to be a real struggle. It will be a matter of if unc’s defense can keep gt’s at a low enough score to win. And we’ll have to see what happens with personnel by then but Carolina will have serious trouble with notre dame and wake forest. Y’all just remember these things and write them down 😉
If nc state plays way did against a sub par Miss st team Clemson will roll them but in conference games might be closer. As far as ND I've watched every snap UNC has a distinct advantage in their strength is passing and ND corners ate horrible struggled mightily against lesser passing attacks they do have a NFL safety but he can only cover one.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
You watched a sub par Miss state team basically manhandle NC state offense imagine what Clemson top 5 D in country will do to them

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Does UNC really have a good passing attack? Slingin Sam slings about as many to the wrong team as he does his own.
They do when line blocks decent its at least adequate but any one with good pass rush can get through that line plus I'm still not sold on their run game hard to throw when D knows its coming all time and no respect for run game

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Does UNC really have a good passing attack? Slingin Sam slings about as many to the wrong team as he does his own.

Carolina has no defense at all. No rush defense or pass defense. They let Virginia score 39 points last night. And last night we saw typical Sam howell……he looks great against teams that have no defense at all. Next week in Atlanta will be a little different. Notre dame has more than enough defense to contain howell from doing what he did last night. And yep, he throws more than his fair share to the wrong jersey. How anyone ever thought he was a heisman candidate is beyond me.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
You watched a sub par Miss state team basically manhandle NC state offense imagine what Clemson top 5 D in country will do to them

And then Mississippi st turns around and gets beat by Memphis so who knows what the real identity of these teams is. They all are equally worthless if you ask me. I do think that nc state will be a problem for Clemson next week. Probably low scoring like the tech game yesterday.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They have sucked in Atlanta for decades. I don’t expect that to change next week with how well Georgia techs defense has played. Same howell does nothing against any team with a decent defense. I expect that to be a real struggle. It will be a matter of if unc’s defense can keep gt’s at a low enough score to win. And we’ll have to see what happens with personnel by then but Carolina will have serious trouble with notre dame and wake forest. Y’all just remember these things and write them down 😉
I predict it will be defensive woes and not offensive ones that are the issue for UNC. Unless Sam throws picks.

They looked great against UVA’s defense…

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I predict it will be defensive woes and not offensive ones that are the issue for UNC. Unless Sam throws picks.

They looked great against UVA’s defense…

Because Virginia has no defense and he did have 1 really horrible interception against uva. He looked terrible against Virginia techs defense just like he does against any team with a decent defense. It’s no mystery that most of carolina’s problems are on the defensive side, but that’s been the case since butch Davis left.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
From what i have seen so far with clemson qb.....he got the money from bojangles and then started dressing like cam newton......smdh....until he starts running, no way OL can protect him

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Because Virginia has no defense and he did have 1 really horrible interception against uva. He looked terrible against Virginia techs defense just like he does against any team with a decent defense. It’s no mystery that most of carolina’s problems are on the defensive side, but that’s been the case since butch Davis left.
which unc qb (in your fan history) do you think was better?

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
which unc qb (in your fan history) do you think was better?

I’ll answer that question just with quarterbacks from this century. Marquis Williams and darian Durant. Durant wasn’t anything flashy but he was a gamer. And this is not going by the stat sheet but rather the eye test. I think I dislike howell as much as I disliked tj Yates and joe Daley and that is saying a lot.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I’ll answer that question just with quarterbacks from this century. Marquis Williams and darian Durant. Durant wasn’t anything flashy but he was a gamer. And this is not going by the stat sheet but rather the eye test. I think I dislike howell as much as I disliked tj Yates and joe Daley and that is saying a lot.
i guess sometimes you just cant like a player.
i had that problem with turbo trubisky,

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
i guess sometimes you just cant like a player.
i had that problem with turbo trubisky,

I wasn’t super high on trubisky either. I thought he under achieved. Yates just drove me crazy because we had a great defense and he had so many weapons but he was the master of throwing interceptions in the end zone. His teams could’ve been far better than 8-5 with a decent qb. And joe Daley was just terrible. Worst qb ever at Carolina. So far howell is just all hype. He hasn’t won any more games than anyone on the list in a single season.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

it's a work in progress. getting sacked 6 times in the first game, throwing 3ints makes it suspect.
How they are 12 pt favorites against a team (GT) that gave clemson fits is beyond me.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

it's a work in progress. getting sacked 6 times in the first game, throwing 3ints makes it suspect.
How they are 12 pt favorites against a team (GT) that gave clemson fits is beyond me.

Because they have a “heisman” candidate at QB and a “great” coach calling the shots 😂 and all those “4 and 5 star” recruits that we have. I am with you, no clue how we are even favorites this week. We have always struggled in Atlanta regardless of how either teams season is going. If we get a win I expect it to be by 7 points or less but honestly I am expecting a loss.