ACC Football

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah Clemson ain't no where near done look at rest their schedule lot scrimmage games to improve till ACC champ game then who is really gonna compete with them? If a team had hit it right this might been year but they would have have better D than what I seen from Carolina tigers couldn't score against Ga SEC D but they are really good they'd hang 30 on UNC D and Clemson strength is D which from UNC O line wouldn't be hard to manhandle them. I gotta see it to believe it. After ACC well just have see if they can improve if not playoffs might not be pretty like their last one

Lol you ain’t gotta worry about Clemson playing Carolina. It will never happen unless every single team in the coastal division has to forfeit the rest of the season. But if they played Clemson would have had the whole season to gel on offense and they would hang as many points as they wanted to on unc’s secondary.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
yall may be right but a loss even with an acc title is going to hurt clemson imo.

I don’t think the UGA loss hurts their chances of they run the table in the acc and win the acc championship game. The thing about losses is what happens to the team you lost to after the fact. If uga goes on to have a stellar season and makes it to the sec championship game and puts up a decent effort against alabama then the loss doesn’t look so bad. But if uga goes on to get beat by Kentucky or vandy or someone silly then it looks terrible on Clemson. Knowing how uga is, that is likely to happen.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No team has ever lost their first game and made the playoff

you don’t have to look at all the teams. Ohio State, UGA, Alabama, Clemson, and a few others get a little bit more leeway. If UGA either goes undefeated or only loses to Alabama, Clemson will not be hurt by it. If UGA turns into a middle SEC team, Clemson still may not be hurt by it. Playoffs are played next year. No shame in a team having a slow start.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
you don’t have to look at all the teams. Ohio State, UGA, Alabama, Clemson, and a few others get a little bit more leeway. If UGA either goes undefeated or only loses to Alabama, Clemson will not be hurt by it. If UGA turns into a middle SEC team, Clemson still may not be hurt by it. Playoffs are played next year. No shame in a team having a slow start.
Again not arguing your premise, just pointing out it has never happened before. And a weak schedule from here on out does not help them. They gotta hope a couple of ACC teams show out and climb the rankings

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Again not arguing your premise, just pointing out it has never happened before. And a weak schedule from here on out does not help them. They gotta hope a couple of ACC teams show out and climb the rankings

i believe the ACC will squeak out a couple top 15 teams. Maybe a couple top 10 teams. Too early to tell. Va Tech didn’t look great but a little improvement and they would be a serious team. BC, Va, Pitt, and NC State all had cupcake openers....but they beat the brakes off of them. I personally think the Pack may be better this year than has been thought. Clemson, BC, and NC State could be the best in the conference this year.....but they will have to beat on each other. Coastal is looking like a joke as always.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

These are the 11 teams that had a home loss in the past 50 years that went on to win a title. Ohio state lost their 2nd game in 2014 and went on to win it all. 5 if the eleven lost one of their first 4 games.
most of that was before the playoff era.. selection committee and 4 spots with 5 power conferences. I think you can survive a loss and make the playoffs.. but you need to have some marquee wins and the loss be seen as a fluke.. I think that is where Clemson will struggle. Of course if everyone else has 2 losses and they only have 1 to a really good Georgia in game one an they look the part of the dominate team for the rest of the year they could get in, but I think it is a bigger hill they are staring at than it has been for the last several years.

Few years from now when you have 12 with conference champs In + at large.. that debate is over and it will encourage more good early games out of conference because it will not kill your season to lose.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Luck of the Irish, Touchdown Jesus alive and well. SMH.

PS Clemson's loss is a killer.
The Acc is fully exposed after this weekend. Beating up on each other and winning the acc isnt good enough for the playoffs.
Unless they have went to eight teams this year?

PSS- do you clemson fans think your Dr. Pepper QB is all that?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I love how FSU lost. Gave em hope right up to the missed FG. Only way it could have been better is if the miss were wide right. Notre Dame escaped Ron Zook field with a win. Lolol.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
True but no way in hades if they win out they'll be left out with that close of loss to that team unless they give a game away which they have before their sched is win out friendly and they play in ACC. even lack of quality opponent won't keep em out its in their hands still

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Luck of the Irish, Touchdown Jesus alive and well. SMH.

PS Clemson's loss is a killer.
The Acc is fully exposed after this weekend. Beating up on each other and winning the acc isnt good enough for the playoffs.
Unless they have went to eight teams this year?

PSS- do you clemson fans think your Dr. Pepper QB is all that?
I'm not Clemson fan and I hear all the grumbling about him but any one who watched that game can tell he wasn't the main problem they got offensive line issues and big ones when you can't block QB has no shot and when you can't run block well no running game is just Ga teeing off on the QB and they did over and over. Jury still out on him but a good bet is he finishes season strong. Also top 2 recievers were out if I'm not mistaken

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
WK 2- State takes MSU on the road, A&T rolls up duke.
except for pitt (at Tennessee) you would expect the rest of the acc to win pretty easily.
Wish asu could take miami.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Guys it is way to early to tell anything about most of these teams. UNC did look rusty but Lane stadium is always a hard place to get a W no matter who you are. Unc will be fine. rather lose now than later, Georgia and Clemson, well neither looked good. defensive battle. only touchdown was a defensive score from the dawgs. And Florida St surprised alot of people hanging with ND.....4 interceptions, lost count of the fumbles and they still took it to overtime, if Florida st can clean things up they may do some damage. Florida St defense looked really good. They maybe the team to beat in the ACC if they can get the offense clicking.

Reactions: jug

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Guys it is way to early to tell anything about most of these teams. UNC did look rusty but Lane stadium is always a hard place to get a W no matter who you are.

I knew the excuse was coming. At least I haven’t heard “wait til next year” …….YET
😂😂😂 The best part about this season is i have to work every single Saturday for the next 2 months so I don’t have to watch them lose in real time.

I saw everything I needed to know……there is ONE team in college football and we all know who that is. Gonna be a very boring season like most college football seasons are. So predictable.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Guys it is way to early to tell anything about most of these teams. UNC did look rusty but Lane stadium is always a hard place to get a W no matter who you are. Unc will be fine. rather lose now than later, Georgia and Clemson, well neither looked good. defensive battle. only touchdown was a defensive score from the dawgs. And Florida St surprised alot of people hanging with ND.....4 interceptions, lost count of the fumbles and they still took it to overtime, if Florida st can clean things up they may do some damage. Florida St defense looked really good. They maybe the team to beat in the ACC if they can get the offense clicking.
I thought everyone in the ACC looked very rusty for the exception of State College and Wake Forest. Clemson was the worst I thought but they will get things going as will UNC and Florida State.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I knew the excuse was coming. At least I haven’t heard “wait til next year” …….YET
😂😂😂 The best part about this season is i have to work every single Saturday for the next 2 months so I don’t have to watch them lose in real time.

I saw everything I needed to know……there is ONE team in college football and we all know who that is. Gonna be a very boring season like most college football seasons are. So predictable.
where is the excuse?? Unc got beat. look rusty, bad ,whatever you want to call it. still not counting them out for a great year. You may be but I will not. as bad a s they played they had a chance at the end. Not all is lost. If I know Mack and Sam you probably dont want to play them anytime soon.

FSU to me looked like it has the best defense. Get that offense clicking(clean up turnovers) and people had better watch out for the noles.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
where is the excuse?? Unc got beat. look rusty, bad ,whatever you want to call it. still not counting them out for a great year. You may be but I will not. as bad a s they played they had a chance at the end. Not all is lost. If I know Mack and Sam you probably dont want to play them anytime soon.

FSU to me looked like it has the best defense. Get that offense clicking(clean up turnovers) and people had better watch out for the noles.

I’m just messing with you Mack

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
one of the betting shows really likes State tonight at MSU.Says they are a way under appreciated team.
State is slightly favored but it has been 50 yrs since State beat an sec team on the road. Or so says my local state expert.
Hope State can silence the cowbells tonight.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
one of the betting shows really likes State tonight at MSU.Says they are a way under appreciated team.
State is slightly favored but it has been 50 yrs since State beat an sec team on the road. Or so says my local state expert.
Hope State can silence the cowbells tonight.
I could for sure see them winning