ACC Football

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
in reality OSU or Mich are not top of the nation schools. good but not top of the nation.
You can say Mich but not Ohio st. We can hate Ohio st all we want but their 11-0 for 7th time in 20ish years that's high level ball and if that's not convincing enough in last 10 years they are 3rd with most wins and a championship I'd say that puts them in top teams in nation. any time you play in power 5 and 3rd in wins your near top list

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^ can’t blame them for playing Youngstown state and Western Kentucky before ND Game.

ND went to play in Dublin Ireland vs Navy like men first week.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^Like buying a dodge pickup

Be all new and shinny POS. Ford will produce for millennia.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
UNC just got another False Start.

Well in the end it falls on the coach(s) but in reality this loss was not Mack's Fault. UNC should have been up 21-0 but give Clemson/Dabo credit for his guys not giving up. too many penalties on the heels and the 2 lost fumbles were a shot through the lungs.

LIke I said Clemson was gonna win but that was unc's game to take and they didnt.

also, one thing I will say bad about Clemson and I like them but are you really gonna rush the field when you beat UNC?
This year, yes...

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
also, one thing I will say bad about Clemson and I like them but are you really gonna rush the field when you beat UNC?
It's a tradition, I looked it up....

Clemson fans traditionally run the field after every home game, win or loss, to participate in the Gathering at the Paw, a longtime tradition dating back to the 1940s

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Have you been drinking? There’s a reason why they are both undefeated. It’s not a fluke or unset when you’ve lost 4 games

look at who OSU has played.....no one...... they are overrated....mich is a liitle better but neither would beat clemson right now with 2 healthy backs.

Plottdog

Six Pointer
As much as I hate Carolina and think they have been vastly overrated this season, I have to agree. Clemson didn't own UNC today. Carolina was in the game and shot themselves in the foot with turnovers.
Without the screwups, UNC wins today.
UNC screws up in every loss. They are LUCKY they didn’t lose to Duke. Mack’s play calling and defensive scheme is puzzling. I know it didn’t make a difference but why go for 2 on that touchdown? You are down by 2 scores either way. And in the Duke game they rush the quarterback on 4th and goal and let the receiver just walk down the sideline into the end zone if you drop 8 that doesn’t happen.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
UNC is 8-3 ...pretty respectable. lets see if they can win 10 games. gonna be tough to beat state at state and if they do they always get a tough opponent in a bowl. but its possible.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I did like it that dabo called a timeout with a couple seconds on the clock to get a couple seniors in the game for the last play. that is something Dean used to do. Classy.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
UNC screws up in every loss. They are LUCKY they didn’t lose to Duke. Mack’s play calling and defensive scheme is puzzling. I know it didn’t make a difference but why go for 2 on that touchdown? You are down by 2 scores either way. And in the Duke game they rush the quarterback on 4th and goal and let the receiver just walk down the sideline into the end zone if you drop 8 that doesn’t happen.
I’ve been saying the same thing about Mack for over 30+ years and this site for a long time. He is brainless with in game decisions and play calling.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And, I love the Tigers. They're my team. I was really, really, down the beginning of the season. I watched every game I could. I pulled like heck for them every game. Even tonight. I wanted them to win. I just wasn't gonna talk junk.
So, they do have a winning season but not competitive on a national level. I'm greedy, I guess.
Not a dig here at all. I get how strong emotion is when your team is not playing well. Clemson, just like my guys at App had a horrible start to the season. Even some of the wins did not feel good based on how they played. Clemson is not at the same level they have been for sure, but they have good solid players and are young. We have to remember as fans to try and be realistic. All we can really do is support the team and have faith. Irrational works both ways as is the case with the two teams ya'll have been discussing.. you were irrationally down on Clemson (I think you said they would not win more than 3 games) and most Carolina fans (Duckmauler not included) are perpetually overrate UNC.

Talent wise, this year, the two are pretty close to the same (UNC may have a slight edge) Coaching wise Clemson has the edge... at the end of the season they are basically going to be the same team as far as records / bowl etc. That is an improvement for UNCheat, and a bit of a down year for Clemson.. But If I were a fan, I would rather have Clemson's losses than UNC's (UVA and GT are simply bad and Clemson lost to a complete Duke team not the depleted one Carolina was gifted a W over by the stripes. When you look at the two programs who got more out of what they had to work with.. no question in my mind it is Clemson.

It is hard to be a fan and reasonable at the same time!

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
No fan on here has overrated UNC and most dont that is just something people who dont like UNC say. . I have not seen anyone on here say unc is better than so an so, yes we had hoped for a great season but most UNC fans knew at the best we may end up with 8,9 or 10 wins(if lucky) and probably knew it would be arond 8 or 9. The fact remains that while unc had 2 bad losses that unc still was in every game. no one ran over them. they may have done it to themselves yesterday but unc has been competitive. Carolina still has a good respectable season and MAY win 10 but that is doubtful as we have to play state at state . so if we are lucky we may get 9 if we get a good draw in a bowl. UNC has some good wins over a SE conference team, and Big 10 team and a few others. The app st win and the campbell win do nothing for unc in the rankings. They need to take podunk schools like that off the schedule. The ACC this year has a lot of parity as can be seen by the fact that you have 9 teams in the ACC with winning records and no win is guarateed. some of the best games have I have seen have been this year.

Late in Basketball season I said Florida state was the team to beat in the ACC and would probably make it to the playoffs. of course a few on here scoffed at that but that is what has happened and that was the only prediction anyone one here had other than Huntingnut saying clemson was gonna win 3.

with FSU's 1st string qb out it remains to be seen if they can beat LV but I think they can. dont count FSU out just yet.

FSU is the best team in ACC this year.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I did say Clemson may only win 2-3 games this season.
I was looking at what they were showing me on the field vs. What their scheduled opponents was looking like. I mean, we got trounced by Duke... certainly wasn't expecting that. I greatly overrated Syracuse and GT.
At the time, Wake and the rest looked awesome. The way we looked, I never thought there was a way we'd beat ND. So, yeah. I overreacted and was wrong.
Not a dig here at all. I get how strong emotion is when your team is not playing well. Clemson, just like my guys at App had a horrible start to the season. Even some of the wins did not feel good based on how they played. Clemson is not at the same level they have been for sure, but they have good solid players and are young. We have to remember as fans to try and be realistic. All we can really do is support the team and have faith. Irrational works both ways as is the case with the two teams ya'll have been discussing.. you were irrationally down on Clemson (I think you said they would not win more than 3 games) and most Carolina fans (Duckmauler not included) are perpetually overrate UNC.

Talent wise, this year, the two are pretty close to the same (UNC may have a slight edge) Coaching wise Clemson has the edge... at the end of the season they are basically going to be the same team as far as records / bowl etc. That is an improvement for UNCheat, and a bit of a down year for Clemson.. But If I were a fan, I would rather have Clemson's losses than UNC's (UVA and GT are simply bad and Clemson lost to a complete Duke team not the depleted one Carolina was gifted a W over by the stripes. When you look at the two programs who got more out of what they had to work with.. no question in my mind it is Clemson.

It is hard to be a fan and reasonable at the same time!

Agree with everything you said.

Now shoot yourself a huge buck !🤪

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Looks like his team has given up since Mack announced he's coming back next year.
And some fans too. I read the ingame comments posted on a UNC fan site during the game Saturday, and did a copy and paste of some that were representative. Nobody on that site is happy with UNC coaching...

Don't worry guys, Mack is still full steam ahead.

We might be the worst coached team
In the NCAA

Ok. Time for a regime change

Can someone explain to me what the upside of keeping Mack another 2-3 years is?

Please fire the staff!! What an idiotic decision to go for 2 and it also costs us a timeout

All that was easily predictable if you knew Mack Brown's career in full, as opposed to knowing only the adulatory headlines.

And Mack Brown quits at the end and doesn’t even use his last timeout

Mack's HOF brain at 73

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
They better take those records Mack has gave them and be happy. Probably the same mob who wants Hubert replaced.
They have performed exactly as vegas predicted - line was 8.5 regular season wins. I have no clue why anyone thought they were going to be better than that.
Whomever is setting that line should replace the preseason gurus. They got GA and Colorado right as well. the top and bottom in predicted wins.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
And some fans too. I read the ingame comments posted on a UNC fan site during the game Saturday, and did a copy and paste of some that were representative. Nobody on that site is happy with UNC coaching...

Don't worry guys, Mack is still full steam ahead.

We might be the worst coached team
In the NCAA

Ok. Time for a regime change

Can someone explain to me what the upside of keeping Mack another 2-3 years is?

Please fire the staff!! What an idiotic decision to go for 2 and it also costs us a timeout

All that was easily predictable if you knew Mack Brown's career in full, as opposed to knowing only the adulatory headlines.

And Mack Brown quits at the end and doesn’t even use his last timeout

Mack's HOF brain at 73

Thats your -2 percent of vocal fans right there. Most of the ones I know( and I am chest deep in them) are not saying things like that. social media brings outt the worst in the minority.

UNC has a good shot at 9 wins this season and most I know are thankful for that. It could be worse, we could have south carolinas record.

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I did say Clemson may only win 2-3 games this season.
I was looking at what they were showing me on the field vs. What their scheduled opponents was looking like. I mean, we got trounced by Duke... certainly wasn't expecting that. I greatly overrated Syracuse and GT.
At the time, Wake and the rest looked awesome. The way we looked, I never thought there was a way we'd beat ND. So, yeah. I overreacted and was wrong.

Agree with everything you said.

Now shoot yourself a huge buck !🤪

here is something I think tells the tale about the acc this year. Virginia as bad as they are with 8 losses and out of those 8 I think 5 of those losses were within a touchdown.

as far as getting trounced by duke I think the turnovers in that game was the main reason.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thats your -2 percent of vocal fans right there. Most of the ones I know( and I am chest deep in them) are not saying things like that. social media brings outt the worst in the minority.

UNC has a good shot at 9 wins this season and most I know are thankful for that. It could be worse, we could have south carolinas record.
Yeah. If UNC finishes anywhere near the top 20.........it would be a great year for them. That's a sincere statement.

THIS shoud be what they aspire to every year. But, their fans are just delusional enough to stray from that and think they're better than that. We watch this movie every single year and there's still people who think it'll end differently this year.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah. If UNC finishes anywhere near the top 20.........it would be a great year for them. That's a sincere statement.

THIS shoud be what they aspire to every year. But, their fans are just delusional enough to stray from that and think they're better than that. We watch this movie every single year and there's still people who think it'll end differently this year.
The funniest thing about this (and what you say is exactly correct) is that many of those same people want them to leave the ACC for the Big10 or SEC where they will be even lower on the totem pole and have a lessor chance of having that miracle season where they are top 10 and in the playoff conversation.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
The funniest thing about this (and what you say is exactly correct) is that many of those same people want them to leave the ACC for the Big10 or SEC where they will be even lower on the totem pole and have a lessor chance of having that miracle season where they are top 10 and in the playoff conversation.

There are some people who think the ACC top to bottom is a better conference than the Big Ten even though statistics don't support that belief.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There are some people who think the ACC top to bottom is a better conference than the Big Ten even though statistics don't support that belief.
I am not sure I agree that the two top to bottom are not pretty close to equal. Both conferences are top heavy. The Big10 have more teams with overall losing records than the ACC. Both conferences have 4 teams with 8 or more wins this season etc.. Now if we are talking historically that might be a different conversation but this year as both conferences are currently constructed they are almost the same.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I am not sure I agree that the two top to bottom are not pretty close to equal. Both conferences are top heavy. The Big10 have more teams with overall losing records than the ACC. Both conferences have 4 teams with 8 or more wins this season etc.. Now if we are talking historically that might be a different conversation but this year as both conferences are currently constructed they are almost the same.

I was speaking history. Looking at the interconference records of each conference, ACC is last among the P5 conferences over last 10 years. I do agree this is an up year for the ACC. They have the second best interconference record behind the Pac-12. SEC is last.